X: (Handover)

I ended up marrying a handsome but crazy bastard

Rachel's POV

We were back in New York City. The handover procedure of the board had gone smoothly without any much objections by the directors except for two or three men who seemed to have a personal vendetta against Lorenzo's person had objected.

Being the observant person I was, I noted their discreet snares and murmurs after Lorenzo was officially named the CEO. I had at first thought they had objected in the interest of the company, hence it was understandable for them to oppose Lorenzo, seeing as he had little to no business education and experience to run the establishment.

Nonetheless as I discerned their murmurs about his age and him being there to play, plus the perverted stares they directed my way, I concluded they were simply being plain stupid.

By protocol I knew I wasn't meant to be present thus I had no shares or position in the company, however Lorenzo had insisted I be beside him despite my numerous arguments and reluctance.

Regardless, everything had went well and with my hand securely in Lorenzo's hold which was tingling from the contact, I was ushered into an elevator that would descend, after which we would proceed to the conference room that was already set up for a press conference.

"Be careful," Cameron Lorenzo's father and former CEO blurted as I stumbled a bit in my 4 inch black heels. It was the same shade as the classy slacks I adorned below a perfectly fluffy styled blue blouse, courtesy of R&D designs. My hair in a high ponytail.

I nodded thankfully at my father-in-law who was in a brown suit and pants with a white shirt underneath that matched his white sneakers. I eyed the set of trainers hungrily, wishing I had been adamant about wearing sneakers instead of heels.

Debby as the smart best friend she was, had sensed my plan to sneak out a pair of Addidas trainers into the car so I could switch the moment Lorenzo and I were out of sight.

It took all my adult restraint not to throw a tantrum and insist on wearing the sneakers when it was carted away by none other than the evil woman. My expression at that moment was one of rage and Xander didn't bother to contain his fits of laughter at my expense.

"Sorry," I murmured and gaped up at Lorenzo's well sculptured face as he steadied me after my stumble, his right hand wound around my waist igniting memories of the last time that happened.

"Don't apologize," he whispered in my ear, goosebumps appearing at the spot as every vein in my body reacted, more so as he pressed me closer to his side. "I like this position better."

"Rachel?" Cameron called out snapping me out of whatever trance his son had put me in. "It seems you didn't get what I said."

"My apologies sir," I let out but at his warning glance I corrected myself. "Cameron."

"Good, you should get used to that," he beamed at me and I bobbed my head, still in Lorenzo's embrace. "I was saying how it's a pity we've been too occupied to exchange pleasantries. Anyway, how are you?"

"I've been fine Si- Cameron," I caught myself in time and elbowed Lorenzo as he snorted. "What about you? Laura and Anabelle?"

"Fine," he responded in a smile. "They should be waiting in the conference room as we speak."

"Okay," I nodded, and bit my lip as awkwardness cracked in the air.

Luckily Cameron still had more to say as he asked. "How is my son treating you? As his father I know he can sometimes be a pain."

"Yeah Dad," Lorenzo scoffed, his breathe fanning my hair. "Not as much as Annabelle, though, that girl is a thorn."

"You should know it's not good to speak of your sister that way," Cameron countered, a scowl appearing on his face.