VIII: (Family)

The exterior you see is not all that it is to it

It was already late afternoon by the time we had arrived in Paris and so we had a little over 2 hours to make it to his parents residence for dinner. That thought in mind, we had dropped by at the hotel Xander and Debby would be staying at.

After their rooms had been booked, I went with my luggage to Debby's room while Lorenzo accompanied Xander to his. We each had a shower and got changed into presentable clothes.

Lorenzo had instructed two of the guys to send our bags to his house which I was surprised to hear thus I thought we would be staying at his parents residence. We left after that and had only about 30 minutes to spare, if not we would be late for the planned dinner.

Paris was indeed a beautiful city. The sun was setting as Lorenzo steered us on the concrete roads.
My vision was glued to the passenger window as I drank in the buildings and cars, and all the beauty we drove past. The disappearing sun had painted the sky orange, adding a nice hue to the picture before me.

An unknown tune was playing through the car speaker, my left fingers held captive by Lorenzo's right ones as we covered several kilometers with the Bentley.

It had been barely two days since our drunk induced wedding, however it was a marvel how we had come to terms with the situation and decided to see how things panned out.

What surprised me more than our marriage was how we instantly clicked. If you asked me I would have said it all seemed like a scene from one of those movies Lorenzo loved acting.

There was this certain comfort and security I got when in his presence that I found myself wondering within the past 48 hours if it was alright to feel that way with someone who was still like a stranger to me.

Nonetheless whenever I thought that, I always came to realize that though he was a physical stranger, mentally he was not. It sounded weird even to my ear rather that was the truth.

I was one of those people you called a devoted fan to Lorenzo. Even when he hadn't become a global renowned actor I still fangirled over him. I always kept myself up to date with everything concerning his life and tried hard not to believe the rumors or information from blogs until they got confirmed by him, or Xander his manager.

When I discovered things had got called off with his Ex Linda, I was sad thus I knew how much he cherished the woman. I recalled thinking back then she was a fool to let a man like Lorenzo go just because things had gotten rocky.

Despite the fact I thought that, I concluded she might have her own reasons and so I didn't join in bashing her like the other fans did. Though she caused Lorenzo sadness I wished her happiness and prayed she didn't regret it.

When the news came a month prior to her ending things with the Italian man she was rumored with, I only shook my head and thought she shouldn't have left Lorenzo in the first place. Even then, I knew Lorenzo wouldn't accept her back and now I was in the picture I prayed he wouldn't.

"Rachel." A shake on my hand pulled me out of my thoughts and prompted me to whirl to my left to spot the handsome man seated there. Since it was confirmed by the priest that our wedding was legit, I found the reality hitting me every time that Lorenzo Caden Peters was indeed my husband.

He was dressed in a classic red button-up and black slacks, both bodice accentuating his attractive figure. His hair was in its signature rough but attractive style as he peered at me with his killer grey eyes. "Anything on your mind?"

"Mmmh," I cleared my throat and returned my gaze to the window as he happened to have caught me gawking at him. "Nothing."

"If I wasn't driving, I would have taken a picture," he murmured in a husky tone and my heartbeat accelerated. I didn't dare turn as my cheeks reddened, electricity pulsing in the spot our fingers were connected. "You have no idea how beautiful you are Rachel."