XI: (Crazy)

Everyone's life is a movie

Rachel's POV

"Fuck you are crazy," I blurted the instant we stepped foot into his penthouse. I was fuming and panicking all at once as I discarded my heels.

"I know," Lorenzo grinned at me, shrugging of his suit jacket.

"Why the hell did you do that?" I implored and released my hair from the band, letting it cascade down my shoulders.

His response was to lift a brow which made my blood boil more. Groaning, I slid my fingers into my hair and shook the strands as I muttered. "I'm doomed."

"You aren't doomed babe," he smiled and tugged on his tie.

"Easy for you to say," I scoffed and retrieved my phone from my bag which was pinging non stop from notifications. "My phone is about to explode."

"You should learn to turn off your notifications," he suggested, his tie tossed on the couch as he went to unhook the botton on the sleeves of his black shirt.
He paused in his actions as he noticed the expression on my face. "Wait, are you mad?"

"Ding dong ding," I let out in a sinister smile. "You finally realized."

His facial features straightened, his head tilted to the side as he spoke. "I wanted the whole world to know this beautiful woman as my wife. Tell me if there's something wrong in that."

"Wow," I chuckled wryly and shook my head. "Of course there's nothing wrong, but it would have been nice to let your wife know what you had planned beforehand."

"Oh, that," he grinned. "It wasn't planned."

"Shit," I laughed, my emotions getting all mixed up at the appearance of his killer smile. "You think this is a joke?"

'I take back my words, we don't click,' I muttered in my head.

"I know it isn't," he blurted, eyes peering down at me with an intensity that made my breath hitch. "I simply said what came to mind."

"Then do you think this one of those movies where the director and producer lets you take the lead and showcase the full extent of your talent?" I questioned, arms folded and stance rigid.

"Everyone's life is a movie babe." He took a step toward me, his fingers folding the sleeves of his shirt to rest just above his elbow, the veins running down his arm capturing my attention. "It's left to us the main characters to decide if we want our movie to be dull or interesting."

"Well thank you for crashing into my dull life Lorenzo Caden Peters," I stated, my eyes narrowing at him as he kept coming closer.

"The pleasure's all mine Rachel Suzy, Peters," he smirked, emphasis on my new last name as he shortened the space with another long stride.

"What are you doing?" I implored in a hoarse voice and strolled backward as the temperature in the living room heightened with each stride he took.

"Did you forget you called me crazy?" He asked in a smirk, a fire I had seen only a few times appearing in his grey eyes which seemed to darken in lust.

"Yes, I mean, no," I stuttered, my back meeting the wall.

"Are you scared?" He queried in a husky voice, his left palm placed on the wall beside my head invading my personal space. His vision latched on mine, and I could feel myself getting lost in the grey pools as his face drew closer, minty breath fanning my cheeks.

"Don't be," he declared in a smug smile, his knuckles running down my cheek causing me to shudder and unknowingly lean into his touch.

The back of his knuckles slid downward to my jaw and then my neck. My breath quickening as they didn't stop there, instead they trailed my collar bone, before the fingers plunged into my midnight curls.