29

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of beeping machines and a low hissing noise. I blinked rapidly, finding a plastic mask over my mouth and nose, causing my eyes to widen as I quickly sat up, ripping the mask from my face.

"No, no, you're okay.. slow down, it's okay." Soft hands found mine, gently pulling them back down to the bed, as my eyes found green ones. "Shhh," she shook her head at me, slowly pushing me to lay back down, and I fought it for a moment, before giving in to her touch, and letting my back slowly fall back on the bed.

"Relax.. you're okay."

I slowed my breathing, only letting my eyes look around to find that I was still in the same hospital room. I turned my head back to Alycia, who sat beside me, giving me a reassuring smile as she stroked my cheeks.

"W-what happened?" I croaked out, my voice raspy sounding.

"You passed out while she was cleaning you up, and the doctor came while you were out. They're gonna come back in a minute for some medication to put on it, and then we can go home." Her smile widened at the word 'home,' and I felt myself relax a little, her calm presence easing my worries.

I dropped my eyes, biting my lip in thought, and she tilted her head at me, requesting me to speak. "I'm sorry," I whispered. She shook her head. "You don't have to be sorry, why are you sorry?"

"For panicking. I don't mean to be a burden," I shrugged.

"Baby, you're not a burden, and it's okay to be scared, but I'm right here with you, okay?"

I slowly nodded my head, taking in her words
"But, Y/n, I really need to know something," her tone became worried, and she reached for my hand, causing me to look up. "Who did this to you?"

I shook my head, turning away from her, but she gently pulled my chin back, bring my eyes with it.

"Y/n, I know this wasn't a small fist fight.. Whoever did this was really trying to hurt you, and I'm worried. What happened, baby?" She pleaded with me, begging me with her eyes to tell her what happened.

I took a deep breath, before shakily releasing it, trying to calm my nerves.
"I went to the bathroom during the assembly.."
She nodded her head at me to continue, and I moved my eyes to the ceiling above me.
"And that's when the lights shut off.. I heard the door lock, and I tried to run or scream, but they held me down to the ground and covered my mouth," I felt tears begin to slip down my cheeks, and she gently stroked them away with her thumb as I continued. "T-they k-kicked me and t-told me he was coming back.. they wanted to r-remind me what it f-felt like when he'd h-hurt.. me." I closed my eyes, letting the tears silently roll down my face, as she leaned herself forward and wrapped me in her arms.

"Oh, Y/n.." she breathed out, running her fingers through my hair. "We have to tell someone about this.."

"It doesn't matter.. it won't do anything."

She pulled away from my, cupping my cheeks to get my attention. "Yes it can.. If this was planned by him, it could be used against him in court. We have to do somethin-"

We were interrupted by a knock at the door, but my eyes stayed on Alycia as she turned her head.

"Hey," I could hear nurse Hailee whisper, "is she awake now?"

Alycia nodded her head at the woman, scooting her chair back, but still close enough so she could rest her hand on my head. The nurse came into view, tilting her head as she smiled down at me. "How are you feeling? You fainted while we were cleaning your injuries, and we were pretty worried about you.. How are you doing now?"

I shrugged my shoulders, not really having any answer. I was still really uncomfortable, but my initial anxiety died down a little bit, making me not so jumpy. She slowly nodded her head at me, trying to read my body language, but I just pulled my eyes away, embarrassed of the earlier events.