34

"Hold on, baby. The police are coming, just stay with me okay? Stay with me.."

I barely opened my eyes to a motionless body on the floor beside me, a growing puddle of blood spreading beneath him. My eyes found his brown ones that closely resembled mine, even as they stared blankly ahead, cold and lifeless.

And despite that it was self inflicted, it still felt as if I was the one who killed him.

I felt tears brim in my eyes as I laid on my stomach, my head unable to turn away from the sight of him, causing a single tear drop to fall from my eye, rolling down the side of my nose and dropping to the floor. The soft hand shifted on my back, before she kneeled in front of me, her face leaning down close to mine.

"Baby, baby, don't look okay? You don't need to see that.." 

I struggled to bring my eyes up to hers, finding them exhausted and scared, and she carefully lifted up my upper body up, letting my head rest on her lap as she held me close. Her hands ran through my hair, trying to soothe me, but my eyes couldn't unsee the sight of his body lying on the floor. She held me tighter when my body started to tremble into a silent sob, horrified by the events.

"What have I done?!" I cried out, my tears leaving stains on her shirt. 

"Shhh, you didn't do anything wrong okay? That wasn't your fault.." She tried to console me, rubbing her hand on my back, but I was too distraught, the weight of guilt burying me into the ground.

"It should have been me-"

"No," she cut me off, rocking us both on the floor. "No, baby.. That was his choice, you did nothing wrong okay? He can't hurt you anymore.."

I shook my head in her arms, struggling to process everything in my head that was pounding.

"I... I can't.. I" I tried to form words, but my speech was beginning to slur, and my thoughts formed a cluster in my brain that couldn't be interpreted, not even by me. Alycia's eyes widened at me, shaking her head at my words as I heard the front door open, and people shouting. 

I watched Alycia turn her head around through my blurry vision before several more faces appeared beside her, looking down at me. I barely felt her hand move to my cheek as they all started asking me questions, but I couldn't make out any of the words, and the sharp pain in my head quickly increased. 

My eyes began to roll back as I felt several hands move around my body, lifting me and attaching things to me, but I couldn't move or think, I just laid there completely limp, my consciousness being the last part of me to shut off.

----------------------------------------------

I'm there when you're asleep.

I'm there when you're awake.

There's nothing you can do,

No where you can go, 

that I won't be there,

 Burning in your blood. 

Consuming your mind. 

Fucking your DNA. 

You can't get rid of me, Y/n. You're mine.

 Always have been, always will.

He can't hurt you anymore...

My eyes fluttered open as I felt a single tear slip down my cheek. The sound of beeping machines surrounded me, and my breaths came out heavy as my eyes scanned the hospital room I was in. The lights were dimmed, making the little bit of light peaking through the curtains of the window more tolerable.