Let's Talk.

Enid's Pov:

"Wednesday?" I say as I knock on the door of our dorm. No response. "I.. I'm coming in."

I open the door and close it behind me, I look around our dorm and see nothing. The sound of silence fills my ears in a very uncomfortable manner.

I hear small footsteps on Wednesday's side, I walk closer to her bed. I slowly move her pillow up and see Thing underneath it.

"Oh, hi Thing!" I giggle. "You scared me."

Thing moves around the bed, I place the pillow down.

"Is Wednesday here?"

He puts up his pointer and shakes it.

"Do you know where she is?"

He repeats that motion.

"Okay. Thanks, anyway." I smile at Thing as he jumps off the bed to the table.

I stare at him and then walk away. I sit on my bed and look out the big window.

Where are you Wednesday?

Wednesday's POV:

I start walking to my dorm as I bump into someone.

"Ouch-" He grunts.

"My apologies.." I look up and see Ajax. "..Ajax." I feel myself subconsciously frowning.

"It's okay, Wednesday." He grins. I hate his imbecilic smile. "Have you talked to Enid yet?"

I stare at him silently.

"Why do you care?" I ask him coldly.

His grin fades away and looks a bit distraught.

"Oh, nothing." He awkwardly chuckles.

"Is there something Enid wants to talk to me about?"

He looks around nervously.

"Uhh- maybe. You should just talk to her." He looks back at me and walks away.

I stare at him as he walks. I grit my teeth at the sight of him and his idiotic beanie. Ever since he started dating Sinclair I've seen him way too often. It unsettles me.

I head to our dorm, keeping a steady pace. As I arrive there, I knock on the door once.

Behind the door I hear a loud noise, like objects falling. I wait as I hear footsteps coming closer.

"W-Wednesday!" Enid says as she opens the door, a giant smile on her face.

"Hello, Sinclair." I say.

She opens the door fully and allows me to enter. I step inside and stare at Enid, she closes the door and walks towards me.

"Is there a matter you've wanted to talk to me about?"

"Oh, how.. how do you know?" She asks curiously.

I cough to clear my throat and look away.

"Ajax.. told me." I grit my teeth as my eyes move to the wall behind her, moving anywhere but her face.

She looks down and goes to hold my hands, I step back and look at her.

"Sorry." She keeps her hands to her sides and goes to sit on her bed.

I sit on my bed and face her.

"What do you need, Enid?"

She stays silent for a while.

"Are.. are we okay?"

I tilt my head to the side.

"I'm afraid I do not understand what you mean."

I see her bite her lip as she buries her face in her hands. After a few seconds she sits straight and sighs.

"You've been a bit distant these few days." She says.

I look at her eyes as I listen to her.

"I guess I have been." I say. "Is that all this was about?"

"No." She says abruptly. "You've been avoiding me.. a-and our friends. I barely even see you!"

She looks at me with a sad expression. I notice her eyes moisten.

"I'm.. sorry." I say quietly.

She pouts as she leans closer, the corners of her lips fold down.

"Is it.. Is it true?" She stutters. "About you and Xavier?"

"What are you referring to?"

"Are you guys.. dating?" She looks at me, desperate for an answer.

"It is not true." I subtly lean back, trying to maintain a distance between us.

She sighs as she leans away, sitting straight.

"Sinclair."

I pause.

"Why is it that you're so upset by the idea of me dating Xavier?"

I see her gulp.

"I'm not upset by that." She answers. "I'm upset at the thought that you didn't tell me. We are supposed to be best friends after all."

"I understand." I say. "Is there anything else you'd like to get off your chest?"

"Where do you go to?" She asks. "When you're not with me.." She coughs. "or with our friends." She regains her composure.

I silently sigh.

"I do go to Xavier." I see her expression change. "But only to discuss about things that matter."

"Such as..?" She asks.

"I mustn't tell you."

She slowly nods, disappointed. She sits in silence.

"Anything else, Sinclair?"

She shakes her head.

"No, that's all." She sighs as she stands up. "Thank you for talking to me."

"You are welcome." I respond calmly. "Actually, Enid.."

She looks at me.

"Yes, Wednesday?"

"Nothing." I pause. "It's not important."

She nods as she leaves the dorm. I stare at the door blankly and feel Thing pull on my sleeve.

"Not now." I say, annoyed.