You Were a Wonderful Experience.

Wednesday's POV:

"Enid!" Her mother bellows as she stomps to the window.

"M-Mum.." she quietly mumbles, "what are you doing here?"

"What is the meaning of this?"

Enid enters the room, holding onto the window. Her mother grabs her forcefully by the arm, pulling her to the door. Out of instinct, I swiftly enter the room, running behind them.

"If your father found out about this he would be terrifyingly mad!" Her mother kept rumbling. "This behaviour is unacceptable, young lady."

"Mum, please, let me-" Enid begs.

"No, Enid. You need to listen to me."

They leave the dorm and I follow behind, unable to intervene.

"I thought that your horrible behaviour was because of puberty, but no, it's because of your sinful desires with.. with some freak!"

Enid looks at her mother uncomfortably, trying to leave her grasp but it just made her mother's grip tighter around her arm.

"Mum, you're hurting me." Enid whines.

"We'll have a talk with your father." She ignores Enid's plea. "This could ruin our family's reputation. Do you ever think about anyone but yourself, Enid?"

Enid looks down at the floor as she gets dragged through campus, I keep following them, trying to talk to them.

"Mrs Sinclair-"

"Stop following us, you weirdo!" She blurts out, not even bothering to look at me.

Enid stares at me; I see her sorrow eyes and they break me.

"Enid.." I whisper.

She looks away, they both leave my vision as they turn a corner.

"Wednesday?" A voice calls from behind.

I don't turn around, making the person walk in front of me to see me.

"Wednesday, what was that? Why is Enid's mum here?" Yoko asks, trying to read my expression.

"She saw us." I quietly answer, not looking at her.

She stays silent, her eyebrows frowning but her eyes show sadness and pity.

"Why aren't you going to her?" She questions in disbelief.

"It's all my fault, I can't bear to see her face."

"Go to her right now!" She exclaims. "Are you stupid?"

I look at her, surprised by her words.

"I guess I could-"

"GO!" She loudly says, still frowning at me.

I look at her weirdly. I finally listen to her and I run to catch up to them.

As I leave the gates of Nevermore I see a car parked to the side. The car door by the driver's seat closes, containing Mrs Sinclair on the seat. By her side is Enid, who sits on the passenger's seat quietly, looking down.

When I hear the engine turn on, I sprint to the front of the car, preventing them from driving away. As I try to catch my breath, I glance at Enid, who smiles at the sight of me.

"Wednesday." I see her mouth through the front window.

I stare at Enid, unable to answer her. The sun shines behind them, hitting my eyes. It blurs my vision, preventing me to look at Enid. My gaze shifts to her mother, who frowns at the sight of me. She rolls down the window by her side and sticks her head out.

"Move out of the way!" She shouts.

Enid tries to open her door but the lock stops her. Instead, she rolls down her window and I see her stick out her head.

For a second it felt as if the world slowed down; it was only her and I. As our eyes met everything completely disappeared... until a honk snaps me out of it.

"Move, you freak!"

Her words mute as they enter my ears – I can only hear the wind flowing through the air, making Enid's hair sway. I notice her trying to hide her smile but it still shines through, she widely grins at me, making my heart flatter.

"Wens.." She softly says. I see her gaze soften as she tilts her head, slightly pouting her bottom lip. Her eyes don't leave mine.

Another – now longer – honk obstructs this moment. I clench my jaw as I stare at her mother.

"You're wasting our time." She utters, rolling her eyes.

"I am not leaving." I sternly state. "Enid cannot leave Nevermore, she didn't do anything wrong."

She mockingly scoffs.

"You don't tell me how to discipline my own daughter." She rests her arm on the window sill.

I lower my eyes, clenching my jaw harder. I glance at Enid; she looks down, moving her head back in the car.

I quickly run to Enid's window, gripping on the door. I lean down, trying to get as close as I can to her without entering the car. We stay quiet as we stare at each other.

"Enid, please don't go." I whisper, trying to stop my voice from breaking but it inevitably does.

"I'm sorry, Wens." She says, leaning closer to me. "I have no choice."

"This is my fault, I deeply apologise." I look at her eyes, guilt filling my soul.

She places her hand on mine, weakening my grip.

"It's not your fault, Wens. I'll come back for you, I promise." Her faint voice breaks too.

She squeezes my hand, her thumb caressing it. I stay there silently, looking down at our hands.

"I love you." She whispers quietly so her mother doesn't hear.

I look up to meet her pale sapphire eyes that glisten innocently. My heart breaks into pieces.

"I love you too." I whisper back.

I rest my forehead against hers, closing my eyes.

"I'll miss you." I quietly say.

"I'm just leaving this school, Wens." She softly chuckles but a hint of sadness is audible in her tone. "I'll be a couple hours away."

"That's a couple hours too far."

Her lips gently press against my cheek, and as quick as it came – it left.

Honk! I grip the sill harder. I lean away, letting the car go. Her soft, gentle kiss still lingering on my cheek, slightly tickling me.

"Finally." Her mother mutters.

I watch the car slowly take off, my eyes not leaving Enid. She turns to face me, but it hurts to see her doe eyes sadden. I can't watch her leave.

I look away, sighing. I stay still for a few seconds before glancing back, but the car is gone. Enid is gone. And my heart left with her.