Heart to Heart (1/2)

Enid's POV:

I stand alone in the hallway, looking around. My hands turn into fists which I clench in anger. I don't know how to talk to Wednesday anymore, everything got weird since yesterday and now she left me alone. I feel so lost.

"Hey, Enid."

I turn around, I smile at the sight of them.

"Hi, Yoko." I softly say.

"Are you going out with us?" She asks.

"I wasn't planning to, but I really need some company right now." I answer as we start walking.

"Oh, no. What's up?" Her tone fills with worry.

I groan, hiding my face behind my hands.

"Ah, Wednesday problems." She says.

I groan louder this time, dropping my hands to my sides. I nod my head as I glance at her.

"How did you know?"

She chuckles.

"This frustration can only be a result of a sapphic experience, and I know a lot about it."

"Wha-?"

"Don't act clueless, Enid. What happened between you and Wednesday?"

"A lot." I sigh. "We were on kissing terms."

"WHAT?" She stops walking, her mouth wide open. "Wait, wait. Why did you say 'were'?"

I look around awkwardly, hoping no one is listening to us.

"After I broke up with Ajax I went to my dorm. Wednesday was out on the balcony, I walked next to her and one thing led to another and we kissed."

"You kissed a girl after breaking up with your ex boyfriend not even an hour later?"

"Okay, well, if you put it that way.."

"So, what happened after the kiss?"

I look at her, embarrassed. I turn to the side and start walking again. Yoko gasps as she catches up to me.

"Oh, my God! You guys.. did you..?"

I look away, flushed.

"Let's move on." I mutter.

She grabs my shoulder and excitingly shakes me.

"Oh. My. God."

"Shut up!" I look down, embarrassed. My hair drops onto my face, hiding me from her. "Stop, stop."

"If you guys were all lovey dovey last night, what happened this morning?"

"I happened." I sigh, finally regaining my composure. I look at her.

She sighs, wryly chuckling.

"What did you do?" She asks me, like a mum would ask a kid who's in trouble.

I sigh.

"I struggle showing affection in public. What if people stare at me and feel.. disgusted?"

"Why would they feel that way?"

"I'm scared that people will judge me for being who I am, I don't think I'm able to feel comfortable being myself."

"Oh, Enid.." she caresses my shoulder, "you should talk about it with her. I know that she will understand. She cares about you, I know she doesn't mean to push you to do anything."

"Yet she left me. Alone." My eyes look down to the ground. "I don't know where she is."

"Give her a call."