Prologue

"Boy! You are a failure!"

That is what William's father, Dannik, had shouted at him. To be honest, it had not been the first time he had heard those words. Even when strategising in the way against the Demon kingdom, his father showed him no thanks, quite the opposite.

William was kneeling before his dreadful father. His three younger brothers scoffed at his side. However, William showed no emotion. But in truth, if he was another man, he would have teared up his father limb from limb.

"You have done nothing for this kingdom!"

That was also untrue. William had devised countless battleplans and strategised through countless battles, but since his brothers were personally in the field, they got all the credit for William's victories.

"That is why I am disowning you and banishing you to a distant town on the fringes of my kingdom." King Dannik said spitefully. "You will be independent as I do not wish to be associated with you any further. And the town is worthless to me so you can take responsibility for it."

That was the first thing William liked the sound of. While he did have hopes of inheriting his father's Visea kingdom a territory all to himself, away from Dannik. That was something William coveted. But while William was quitely rejoicing to himself, he noticed that his mother was quietly sobbing with William's personal maid.

William's mother, Raidance, was a quiet woman and never had the courage to stand up to her husband, who never cares for his wife's feelings. They were not a happy couple, so she took out her emotion by crying.

The maid who was consoling her was William's personal maid, Mary. She and Raidance were the only people who helped to raise William and he adored them deeply. Mary was a faunus.

Now the faunus are human hyrbids with animal qualities. For example a cat faunus may have cat ears or a tail or even both. When a human and faunus have children it is almost certain that the child will inherit faunus qualities however prediciting what will happen to children of two different faunus species is impossible. 

Mary was a cat faunus with cat ears, she was looking at William while her master Raidance cried into her chest. William could handle himself but as his father was showing no empathy it made William's blood boil. 

"Oh you can take that filthy faunus Mary with you!" Dannik said. "Not like a care about her or you anyway." It was not uncommon for faunus and other races such as Demon or Elves to face discrimination.

"I assure you sire the feeling is mutual." William said. That would be the only words of displeasure he would say as he stood up and exited the throne room. He quickley walked through the winding corridors to his room where he picked up his suitcases. In truth his banishment was expected by him since he overheard his father say that William will leave when he comes of age. And not long after, today, it came true.

However, William was not stupid. He had a good idea of his father's feelings for him, even from an early age. So like the strategist he was William prepared since he overheard his father say the name of the Village he would be banished to. William had also soon discovered his popularity with the people of the kingdom as he was not like most nobles. William was kind and understanding, always keen to help out. Using his popularity he quielty siphoned some of the Kingdom's best craftsmen away to that remote village. Any whom William approached with the offer accpepted as they held William in high regard. One of these people William met 2 years ago. He was trying to sell a new weapon called a 'rifle'.