Chapter 16 - VIP

Lieutennant Dressler knocked on the door to the tavern containing Overlord Hattle. He was present with a full platoon of German soldiers, some of which joined recently from Bavaria. 

Dressler was a sergeant during the Prussian-Bavarian war and had earned the Iron Cross 2nd class for saving his Battalion Commander, Camden. Commander Camden then promoted Dressler to Lieutennant the day Dressler passed his officer exam. Later Colonel Aires and his aide-de-camp, the newly promoted Major Camden, gave special orders to the Lieutennant to escort the Overlord to Berlin. 

The door to the tavern opened and the Tavern Keeper opened the door, she was a bear faunus.

"Good morning ma'am. We're here to escort the Overlord to the capital." Dressler said as he took off his helmet; the traditional picklhaube design. 

"Of course, this way." The girl said and showed the Lieutennant and two of his men inside. Dressler met Overlord Edmur Hattle and two of his bodyguards in the mess of the tavern. 

Edmur Hattle was Overlord of the Kosher Dominion

Edmur Hattle was Overlord of the Kosher Dominion. The Eastern neighbour of the Visean Kingdom. Unlike said kingdom however, the Kosher Dominion was a better place to live than Visea. Edmur did not use the Orbs to decide jobs as Visea did and judged positions on experience and character. For this is what he had taught Wilhelm when he was being tutored. 

Despite this however, Kosher was still freindly with Visea and held open borders and favourable trade terms with them. While Edmur was very unhappy with the exile of his former student he did not let his personal feelings jeprodize his nation and countrymen. Another teaching he had taught to Wilhelm. 

Dressler, with his helmet in hand, saluted to the Overlord and so did his men.

"Sir. Wehrmacht high command has asked my platoon to escort you to Berlin." Dressler stated.

"How kind of Berlin to send you, Lieutennant. We best get moving." Edmur said before he got up. Dressler nodded in agreement and showed the Overlord and his two guards out, but not before Edmur paid the Tavern Keeper for her services. Edmur then boarded his carriage and the guards climbed on and got the carriage moving. 

Dressler took point with two of his sergeants and twenty of his forty men of his platoon, the latter of which guarded the rear with the other two sergeants. The convoy marched for a while until they reached a tree blocking the road in a forest. Dressler ordered four of his men to try and move fallen tree. Edmur opened the window of his carriage and gestured for Dressler to approach him.

"What's going on Lieutennant?" Edmur asked as he craned his neck through the window. 

"A fallen tree is blocking the road we are trying to remove it." Dressler reported, Edmur nodded. Then an arrow flew past, just missing the head of the Ovelord.

"ALARM!" Dressler shouted. "Battle positions!" 

"It's an ambush!" One of the German soldiers shouted before being impaled with another arrow. The abushers revealed themselved, meer bandits. The Germans then opened fire, killing a multitude. Dressler himself, drew his pistol and shot a bandit who was charging towards him.