Chapter 17 - Kriegsmarine

"There you go, the Army Races act is now signed." Wilhelm said, he was sitting down at his desk with Ida and Hess. With Serina standing to the side keeping an eye on the people infront of them. They consisted of a skeleton, a female vampire and a demon. In any other circumstance the would've been thrown out but these were leaders of three different protest groups. Whom of which seemed very surprised with the Kaiser. "What? Is there a problem?"

"No sir. It's just that many other branches of our groups have failed in their other countries. You are the first monarch to accept demonic races into their forces." The vampiric representative said.

"Huh, I quite like the sound of that. Wilhelm the Reformer. Has quite a ring to it don't you think Hess?" Wilhelm asked.

"Heh, indeed sir. But may I ask for a little more time before promoting the new races above captain?" Hess asked.

"I think that would be a wise decision." Wilhelm agreed. 

"Why would that be your majesty? We are able and willing to serve you." The skeletal representative stated enthusiastically.

"I am quite sure of that, don't you worry. However if there was an incident connected to you that would lead to backlash, not only at me politicaly but may also result in violence directed towards you. Having a brief cooling period will both allow the public to see the merit in appointing you people in the armed forces and other services. But will also set the public's minds at ease and cause less tention when the cooling period has, 'cooled off'." Wilhelm explained.

"Thank you your majesty. For having our best interests at heart." The demonic representative said.

"No trouble at all. All of my subjects are equal before the law. At least, that is how I want it to be. Be they human, faunus, demon, or otherwise." Wilhelm stated as he got up from his chair. "Also Hess and my Chancellor are going to make an equality act that makes discrimination of any kind a criminal offence." The three representatives bowed in respect. "You may be excused."

The three representatives left the Kaiser's office with a celebratory fashion. Even the skeleton was radiating with happiness. Six months had passed since Edmur's visit, and the German Empire was entering it's second year. The Kaiser thanked Hess for her time and she left just as the Butler: Schmidt entered. 

"Your majesty. The cousins Commodore Karla Strasser and Air Marshall Conradine Weser are requesting an audience with you sir." Schmidt reported.

"Tell them to meet me in the Throne Room." Wilhelm ordered. "Ida, can you assist Hess with the demands from the races please?" 

"Of course, my Kaiser." Ida agreed. And both she and Schmidt left the study. Serina and Wilhelm then went to the throneroom. Wilhelm sat down on his throne while Serina took her place at Wilhelm's flank. 

"Enter!" Wilhelm commanded and a maid and footman opened the doors and allowed the leaders of the Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine inside. Bowing before the Kaiser  before the raised platform where the throne stood.