Chapter 3 - Stormtroopers

Wilhelm woke up, this time without any assistance from Mary this time, and got out of bed. He put on his uniform and emerged from his tent and saw Lieutennant Aires talking to a couple of his men. Wilhelm coughed and took a deep breath. 

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaires!!!" Wilhelm shouted and Aires quickley looked over and rushed towards Wilhelm.

"Sir." Aires said before saluting, he was quite startled. Wilhelm found this amusing and chuckled. 

"So, I have only just woken up. Whats our situation like today?" Wilhelm asked.

"Well, a total of five traders have set up shop in the village today, they are selling food and clothing. The builders have finished contruction of the stone roads and a couple of house." Wilhelm was pleased with this as he was sick of his boots always getting muddy. "Oh and the slaves we liberated are settling in nicely and some of them have joined the army."

"Oh nice! Ah thanks Mary!" Wilhelm said as Mary handed him and Aires cups of hot tea. "So how many soldiers do we have now?" He asked as he took a sip. 

"100 sir." Aires said, Wilhelm responded by spitting the contents of his mouth on the poor Lieutennant. 

"One hundred!!" Wilhelm exclaimed. 

"Yes sir." Aires stuttered as he whiped the cold tea from his face. "With your permission sir, I will begin training. And I request that some I will train personally as a cavalry unit."

"And with that, requires a promotion!" Wilhelm exclaimed.

"Um excuse me?" And with that Wilhelm hurried back to his tent. "Uh, Mary would you care to explain?" Aires asked.

"Wilhelm, despite my persistent nagging, has been devising a command structure for the army. He's been spending all evening on this and he'll be very unhappy if you're dissapointed." Mary explained. Then Aires saw Wilhelm run back with a peice of paper. 

"Look at this!" Wilhelm said excitedly as he unravelled a piece of paper. 

"According to my diagrams, since we know have 100 soldiers, we are in need of a new captain, and I think you will be perfect for the job

"According to my diagrams, since we know have 100 soldiers, we are in need of a new captain, and I think you will be perfect for the job." Wilhelm said, Aires stood there stunned. "Well, yes or no?"

"I would be honoured to serve you as Captain, sir." Aires said.

"Fantastic." Mary said. "Because Wilhelm is struggling to spell Lieutennant in all his documents, Captain is so much easier to spell." 

"HEY! I could've told him that myself." Wilhelm complained as Mary looked on in truimph. "I-I need to find Luke and get him to make some uniforms." He said as he rushed off. 

"Wait, uniforms? Who for?" Aires asked, confused once again. 

"Since you are now a captain, Aires, Wilhelm's command structure dictates that for 3-4 squads there is to be a Lieutennant in command of the platoon. Therefore 2 Lieutennants are needed, each commanding 40 infantrymen." Mary explained. "Two more sergeants are needed as well, one for cavalry and the other for the stormtrooper squad."