Chapter 7 - Ball

Alfreda was sitting on the bed in her room.

She had met with Queen Raidance the other day, she was happier than ususal and talked to her about the letters from her son. Wilhelm. Raidance had told Alfreda that William had changed his name to Wilhelm and dyed his hair partly grey. Wilhelm had also talked in his letter about his efforts in founding the Kingdom of Prussia, how he had allied with the Kingdom of Sparta and the construction of his military and capital city of Berlin.

Alfreda told Raidance that she was pleased that Wilhelm was doing well. Then Raidance suggested that Alfreda invite Wilhelm to the early ball that Alfreda's father, Jackiq Villiers, held every year. The ball was to attract the most powerful and most prestigious from across the continent. And they would all mix, eat, drink, talk and dance together. Since Wilhelm was the leader of Prussia Jackiq thought it was a novel idea, despite rebuke from Alfreda's sister: Evelyn.

Evelyn was the older sister of Alfreda and her father's wealth had landed her a prestigious in the Visean military as a knight. She also had the backing of the church, hailing her as a hero, despite themselves enslaving thousands of people for forced labour or sacrifices.

Alfreda didn't like her sister as she was constantly flirting with Wilhelm's brothers, who had a hand in his exile. During Alfreda's last moment with Wilhelm she had fallen in love with him, they were childhood friends and knew eachother since they were toddlers. She couldn't wait to see him again.

Then there was a knock of the door.

"Come in." Alfreda said, as she played with her sliver hair. It was her butler, Jack.

"Ma'am have you written his highness' invitation yet?" Jack asked.

"Yes, here it is." Alfreda stated as she handed the letter to him.

"I'll post this immediatly." Jack said as he left the room. Alfreda blushed, knowing that she would soon meet with her crush once again.

Later on that day Wilhelm was trying on some of his uniforms at the tailor's, the uniform he was wearing now was similar to his first uniform except this time it had epaulettes.

A month had passed since Wilhelm had secured a non-aggression pact with Sparta and the Heer had more than doubled to about 5000 men, out of which 100 men were assigned to artillery batteries and 500 men were assigned to the cavalry and 100 more we...

A month had passed since Wilhelm had secured a non-aggression pact with Sparta and the Heer had more than doubled to about 5000 men, out of which 100 men were assigned to artillery batteries and 500 men were assigned to the cavalry and 100 more were promoted to stormtroopers. He had decided to keep his standing army like that for the moment as further expansion would start to exceed costs outside the budget that Luke Legantir had set. And Wilhelm wouldn't argue, a nation should be more than guns and horses.

But it is centred around it's people.

Further spending would be allocated accordingly to developing infastructure and the industry. Then there was a knock at the door, and who entered was the newly promoted Major Aires. In another shiny new uniform.