Welcome Home

The ride to my new home isn't all that exciting. Samantha hummed to some tunes from today's latest hits. Some of the artists I recognize and mouth the words to the song. What? We humans may not have skyscraper cities or cars, but we have radioes and other things to help us keep up with the world of giants.

Suddenly the music goes quiet and Samantha speaks to the car. Telling it to send a message to her parents that she'll be home in a few minutes. The car makes a cheery ringing sound then tells her that the message has been sent.

"I just hope they'll be there." Samantha mumbles.

The car comes to a stop a few minutes later and slowly rumbles to off. I hear the door open and then close. The door next to my box opens. I physically prepare to be picked up. The g-force of being picked up makes my knees buckle and I drop.

A few heel clicks and the click of a door opening tells me we are finally home.

I walk over the air hole and take a peak outside. I can barely make out a set of stairs. A man in a black tux comes walking up to Samantha. Which is great because big boy here is blocking my entire view.

"Welcome back, ms. Gains." The posh, british man welcomes the young woman.

"Thank you Daniels, is everyone wearing their bands?" Samantha askes.

Daniels answers by raising his wrist to show a band with a black square screen attached to it. "Everyone has their bands on. I've also told them the consiquenses of not wearing one."

"Good, thank you, again, Daniels."

The man nods and the two break away from one another. Daniels heading down a hall and Samantha walking up the stairs.

"We've been been prepping the house for your arrival." Samantha tells me. "All the butlers and maids are aware that you'll be wondering the house." There's a hesitant pause. "They also know that you like to try and escape."

I groan. "Great."

"Sorry, but it's for your own safety."

That comment gets me heated is a second. "Don't tell me what's for-..."

Wait a minute. How can she hear me?

Gaints have always had a hard time hearing. It's one of their flaws in their evolution. And since I'm in a cardboard box, there's just no way she could have-.

The anger quickly subsides when a horrible realization sets in.

"If you can hear me from , then..." Oh, no!

"You're bakery comment was kinda funny."

I face-palm. "Double great!"

Samantha lets out an airy giggle. "Don't worry, I thought it was flattering."

"I'd prefer if you didn't about think it at all." I grumble as I walk away from the air hole. "How can you hear me anway?"

"My mom is a scientist and a doctor. She created these super sonic type hearing aids to help giants hear better. It's pretty cool actually." She explains.

I've heard about those over the t.v. at one of my old owns' homes. It was meant to be a great help finding small creatures out in the wild and even to help owners hear their humans better. Instead, they were used for tracking down humans out in the wild.

"So, your mom indirectly helped capturing me? Wonderful." I snear.

"She took them off them market years ago and has refused to sell them to anyone." Samantha clairifies with aggitation to her tone. "People have tried to replicate them, but no one has come close her orginal design."