Water Therapy

Samantha

It's been a few days since Veronica was fired and left the estate. I've wanted to fire her for the longest time, but Mom and Dad wouldn't listen. I'm happy to have the power to get rid of her now. She's been working with us for too long and has been nothing but a pain.

Daniels has checked Caesar. He used to be a doctor before hitting early retirement. He also used to be in the British army. He doesn't talk about it, but I have a feeling he's saved the world once or twice.

He gave the human a normal check up and came to the conclusion that she had an concussion and will need a lot of rest. I know very little about Caesar, but I know for sure that she's stubburn and will not rest as much as she needs to get better.

So I'm going to have to force her to... which is another thing she will not like.

I groan. I can already picture her protesting and getting angry. "This is going to be rough."

I get up and throw the blanket off my body and head straight for the bathroom. Coming back out, I change and check the time. It's 8: 45 and Caesar isn't up yet.

I haven't had the chance to wake the girl up, but I'm sure it'll be an experience. I should let her sleep in. The poor girl might as well taken a punch to the face as well as almost drowned yesterday. I'd say she needs the rest more then eating breakfast on time. I take a little peak to make sure she's in bed still.

Lo and behold, she's still here, chest slowly rising and falling. She's alive too which has been worrying me for the last few nights.

Leaving Caesar to sleep as much as she likes, I go down stairs and eat breakfast. It's quick though. The thought of leaving Caesar alone for too long scares me.

"Is Caesar still sleeping?" Daniels askes as he pours me some orange juice.

I nod. "Yes, though I'm nervous for leaving her alone for so long."

"Don't loom over her, Samantha," Daniels advices. "It'll take time for her to recover from this concussion."

I let out sigh. "You're right, Daniels, but that doesn't mean I can't worry about her."

Daniels hums and silence hangs in the air.

"Are you afraid that she'll end up like Tex?" Daniels askes.

The name Tex stops me in the midst of my bite. I look up at Daniels with a glare. He knows how sensitive the topic is to me, so why bring it up?

"Yes," I answer honestly. "Why else would I have so many precautions to keep her safe?"

"I'm afraid that all your precautions will do is push Caesar away from you." Daniels says as he heads towards the door. "With the path you are going down with her, she'll end up exactly like Tex."

As much as I hate to admit it, Daniels might have a point. The precautions I put in place will most likely hurt Caesar more. Then again, the belt is what ended up saving her the other day.

It's just that right now Caesar is a rebellious faze. Disinteresed in me and every conversation I try to have with her. I can tell her mind is always thinking and her eyes wandering the room to find an escape route of sorts.

But once she comes to realize that I'm not here to hurt her or be her master or whatever it is that she pictures me in her mind, I'll remove the belt. Who knows how long that'll take though.

Once done with breakfast, I head back up to my room and take another peak into Caesar's room to make sure she's still resting.

The bathroom door is wide open and I can see the tiny person standing there and drying herself off. I can feel the blood rushing to my face and making me blush from the neck to the tips of my ears.