SAME OLD BUSINESS

In Yung.

          "Those scoundels." Motak cursed out loud. The counters had gathered up in  Yung . The team had been informed the counters of China  had been ruhtlessly killed by evil spirits this news impacted Ms Chu, Hana and Motak the most as the three were acquainted with those counters.

              Mun and So-nam had only ever  heard about the Chinese counters but it was still upsetting to hear fellow counters had been murdered by the hosts of evil spirits.

           "Papa and Ms So, i still vividly remember their kind faces," Ms Chu sighed looking distraught , "i keep losing my friends. I guess I'm getting old now."

                     Sonam felt his intitution working crazier than ever , he didn't know if it was because his stress as of recent caused it , but he had a gnawing gut feeling something heinous was afoot.

               "These evil spirits,"  he said while looking at Wi-gen, "if they could kill all four counters then they were most likely level three ."

                  "Very much." The sliver haired spirit replied.

                "Not all of them died."

        "What do you mean Woo Shik?"   Hana asked her partner and even the rest of the counters were just as confused.

             It was Suho who spoke this time , "Papa's team , one survived according to our sources. He's a divine counter ."

              "Divine counter?" Mun asked and everyone turned to look at So-nam who was surprised to hear a team of Yung counters in China had a counter bonded to an Old Power.

           "Exactly ," Giran said , "that divine counter barely survived , but since they have enhanced healing he was able to survive the attack."

               Sonam wondered just how severe  the condition his fellow divine counter had been if the attack was caused by three level hosts.

             "But neither Papa nor Ms So ever told us they had a divine counter on their team as well." Hana exclaimed and Motak agreed with her.

            Ms Chu shook her head , "we haven't communicated with them in a while...it makes sense we were unaware."

               "So how's the divine counter?" Mun and So-nam asked at the same time.

                "We are not really sure," Suho  answered , "the authorities of Yung didn't go much into detail except that he was the only Survivor."

                  "What's very unfortunate is that those evil spirits now have counter powers." Wigen dropped the statement like it was nothing although it was  a massive blow to the team of five.

             "What the heck do you mean they have counter powers?" Sonam asked dreading the answer before it could be given.

              "If a level three absorbs a counter's soul, it absorbs the counter's powers too." Suho explained to the shocked teammates.

            Mun shook his head in disbelief, "Ji Cheongsin didn't have any counter ablities when he absorbed Cheoljung."

             Wigen looked at her counter  "That's because I quickly severed my bond with Cheoljung when he died. The bond disappeared , hence all his counter abilities disspitated before Cheongsin could absorb him."