ᵉᴵᵍᴴᵗ

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ᴰᵉᵈⁱᶜᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ : ᴿᵉᵃᵈ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᴹⁱⁿᵈ ⁻ ˢᵃᵇʳⁱⁿᵃ ᶜᵃʳᵖᵉⁿᵗᵉʳ

Kym, Megan, and Anya sit talking to each other while Reina slides a matching bracelet on Andy's wrist. She fiddles with it, and Andy laughs. Reina turns her head when she notices Stady staring at the five.
"Why is she staring?" Andy questions. Reina shrugs and picks up her bag.
"I'm so not excited for her bat mitzvah," Anya mutters, seeing Stacy finally walk away.
"For real. She made that awful video about Lydia, insulted us, and bullied Reina? Yeah, she's not a girl's girl," Kym adds. Reina looks over at Andy, hearing the bell ring.
"Well, see you in the last period," Andy says, kissing Reina.
"See you later," Reina replies, walking with Anya to her next period.
~
Reina has had this day marked in her brain since she met Stacy. She doesn't want to attend her bat mitzvah, especially after everything she has said about her.
"C'mon, let's go-" Reina's mom exclaims, noticing her daughter without her dress on.
"Mom, after everything she has done? Seriously?" Reina questions. Alexis frowns.
"Sweetie, I know this whole move has been hard on all of us, but especially you. My clients are sometimes mean, but I've experienced this. Same with Fleurette. I just want you to know, that if you don't go, there will be no chance of her apologizing. As teens, people do stupid shit. But they eventually apologize, so just give her a chance," Alexis expresses. Reina sighs heavily and nods.
"Okay, I'll go," Reina agrees. She grabs her dress and rushes to her mom to get out. Reina sprays on Rio Radiance perfume, and runs out the door to the car.
Once they arrive, the three ladies file into their seats. Fleurette sits next to Ronnie and Zaara, Alexis sits next to Anya's mom, and Reina sits next to Andy and Anya. A few minutes later, they hear a scream, and everyone whips their head around. Stacy is being dragged in by her dad, and forces her to go up.
"Shabbat shalom," Rabbi Rebecca calls. The crowd responds with the same greeting. "Today is a very special day. Our brilliant, young Stacy Friedman is called to the bimah for her bat mitzvah." Andy leans his head on Reina's shoulder, and she smiles inside. She sees Aaron looking at them, and feels a twist of guilt.
"Seema?" Rabbi Rebecca repeats, snapping Stacy out of a trance. She stands up, and walks up to the bimah. Reina's mind wonders off, wishing that she wasn't there. She wants to be anywhere else besides this ceremony, where she has to listen to Stacy Friedman...
"I made a huge mistake." Rabbi Rebecca shuffles away, to let Stacy speak. Jerry starts playing the guitar, when Rabbi Rebecca glares over at him.
"Uhm, in the Jewish religion, I am supposed to be a grownup today. But I have been so selfish and bratty and annoying to my parents who just want for me to be happy," Stacy rants, sniffling along the way. Stacy starts apologizing to her friends, who had to be bossed around by her.
"Kym, Megan, Anya, I don't understand why I was so mean to you. If I'm being honest, it's probably because we were, like, jealous or something. But also, you guys can be, like, such a-holes sometimes." The crowd gasps, and Rabbi Rebecca whispers to Stacy.
"Reina, I don't understand why I hated you so much. I feel so fake. You were basically my only friend around the time I had my fight with Lydia, and somehow I messed that up. You're really cool, and I want to hang out some time. I shouldn't have been so mad and jealous and rude when you started to date Andy," Stacy expresses, making Reina smile for the first time that day.
"Andy. I'm going to keep it brief because I know you can't focus on one thing for that long, but you're basic and not nice to people, and if I'm being honest, not that good at soccer." Reina laughs, as her and Aaron bully Andy. Aaron and Reina smile at each other. Something makes Reina realize how much she regrets making Aaron feel bad.
Stacy finishes her Torah portion, and runs out to apologize to her best friend.
~
Reina stands next to Fleurette. They are both wearing short, blue dresses. One has sparkles, and the other has spaghetti straps.
"Please give a sweet to your Bat Mitzvah, Lydia Rodriguez Katz!" DJ Schmuley shouts. The doors open, and the French sisters jump up and down with glow sticks in their hands.
"Go Lydia!" Everyone shouts. Stacy runs in shortly after, and the two girls embrace.
"They're cute and all, but we are the best duo," Fleurette shouts over the loud music.
"You know it, Fleur!" Reina responds, jumping up and down with her sister. A Pitbull sing plays, and the siblings jump and dance around with Anya. They all skip around, bumping into their friends.
"Damn, this is really fun when their isn't any drama!" Reina exclaims.
"You know it!" Kym replies.
"Alright everyone, who's ready for some Don't Stop Believin?" DJ Schmuley shouts.
"Yeah, let's go!" Aaron exclaims, the whole party silent.
"Of course you are, nerd. That's why I'm not playing it." Aaron looks down, and Reina smiles.
"Hey, that's one of the first American songs I heard. I think it's pretty cool," Reina says, making Aaron smile. DJ Schmuley turns on slow dancing music, and Reina looks for Andy. She finds him, but he walks over to a curly, blonde girl. Andy grabs her waist, and the girl puts her hands on her shoulders.
"Fuck him," Reina exclaims, showing Fleurette what was happening. Andy turns around, and his smile drops. Reina rolls her eyes at him, and flips him off.
"Well, we're over now." Fleurette laughs. Anya touches Reina's shoulder, and makes her turn around.
"Wanna dance pretty girl?" Anya asks.
"Why not, Anyie?" They grab each other's hands, and start slowly dancing. They try not to laugh, but miserably fail. The slow music cuts off, and upbeat music starts playing.
"Everybody clap your hands!" The music plays, and everyone starts clapping to the beat. Reina turns to Stacy, and gives her a wide grin.
"Get it, Stace!" Reina shouts, and Lydia and Stacy laugh. Reina's life feels almost complete. She forgave Stacy, broke up with Andy, got closer to her sister, listened to her mom, and had fun. There's just one more thing left on her wish list.
~

ᵃ/ⁿ : ᵗʰᵃⁿᵏ ᴳᴼᴰ ʳᵉⁱⁿᵃ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃⁿᵈʸ ᵇʳᵒᵏᵉ ᵘᵖ. ᵃⁿʸʷᵃʸ, ᵗʰⁱˢ ˢᵗᵒʳʸ ⁱˢ ᵃˡᵐᵒˢᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ, ᵃⁿᵈ ⁱᵐ ˢᵃᵈ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ⁱᵗ ⁿᵍˡ. ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ʷⁱˡˡ ᵇᵉ ¹ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁽ᵃⁿᵈ ᵐᵃʸᵇᵉ ˢᵒᵐᵉ "ᵇˡᵒᵒᵖᵉʳˢ" ⁱᶠ ⁱᵐ ᶠᵉᵉˡⁱⁿᵍ ᵘᵖ ᵗᵒ ⁱᵗ.⁾ ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉⁿᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ᶠᵉᵃᵗᵘʳᵉᵈ ⁱⁿ ᵃ "ᶜʳⁱᵗⁱᶜ ⁱⁿᵗᵉʳᵛⁱᵉʷ," ʲᵘˢᵗ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉⁿᵗ ᵃⁿᵈ ⁱᵗ ʷⁱˡˡ ᵇᵉ ᵖᵘᵗ ᵘᵖ! ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖᵖˡ ʷʰᵒ ᵛᵒᵗᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉⁿᵗ, ⁱ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ʸᵃˡˡ ˢᵐ. ᵖˡᵘˢ, ʰᵒᵖᵉᶠᵘˡˡʸ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃⁿᵈʸ ᶠᵃⁿˢ ʷⁱˡˡ ᵇᵉ ᵉˣᶜⁱᵗᵉᵈ ᶠᵒʳ ᵃ ˢᵘʳᵖʳⁱˢᵉ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ⁿᵉʷ ʸᵉᵃʳ...

ᵗ ʰ ᵃ ⁿ ᵏ ˢ ᶠ ᵒ ʳ ʳ ᵉ ᵃ ᵈ ⁱ ⁿ ᵍ 🎀