ⁿᴵⁿᴱ

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ᴰᵉᵈⁱᶜᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ : ˢᵒᶠᵗˡʸ ⁻ ᶜˡᵃⁱʳᵒ

All of the popular kids are hanging out at the arcade. Kym and Reina are playing Mario Kart while the others are ordering food.
"So, do you miss Andy?" Kym randomly asks. Reina shakes her head.
"Genuine question, did you actually like Andy? Or were you pressured into feeling this way because of us?" Reina has tears rolling down her cheek.
"I did feel pressured, but not just because of you. I could tell from the beginning that Andy really liked me. And when we were in that room, I knew it was impossible to reject him. The truth is, I really like Aaron. I don't know why. He's charming, funny, and cute. But why don't I like Andy?" Reina rants, wiping her tears with her sleeve. Kym frowns, and realizes what she has done.
"I'm so sincerely sorry. Listen, when I saw you first walk around the neighborhood with your sister, I knew that we were going to be friends. I loved the way you dressed, your confidence, your attitude, everything. I guess I never stopped to think when I heard that Andy liked you. Since every girl in our school has a crush on him, I thought you did. I'm sorry," Kym apologizes, giving Reina the biggest hug ever. Reina hugs back, crying into her shoulder. The Mario Kart game says that Reina loses, and they both chuckle.
"Well, has anything happened between you and Aaron?" Kym asks once they are off the game and sitting on a bench.
"Not yet, but I want to talk to him. I just don't know how..." Reina trails off, looking at her nails. Kym thinks for a minute, wondering how she can get the two lovebirds together. Then, she gets an idea.
"Hey! What if while we play games, you two go 'get more tickets,' and talk then?" Kym explains.
"That's actually smart, for once," Reina jokes. Kym lightly shoves her.
"Well, let's just wait on the rest of them. Why are they so slow anyway?" Kym pulls out her phone to text the group chat. Kym asks, where tf yall at? Anya responds, this line is longgggg. prolly will be back in like, 2 minutes? Megan adds, We're gonna make the guys do all the carrying since they want to impress up (literally just andy but whatever 🤷‍♀️.) Reina states, he is not pleasing anyone honestly. also not going to lie, this grey bench is so comfy. Anya jokes, not her saying "grey." ah, i love europeans.
The two girls start laughing at each other. One thing clicks in her brain. Her best friends are the kindest people ever. She feels lucky to have them. Then, Reina gets a text from an unknown number. She taps Kym on the shoulder.
"Hey, who is this?" Reina questions.
"Oh, it's Lydia." The text says, Can we call, i wanna say something. Reina agrees, and tells Kym she will be outside. She walks outside of the arcade, into the almost winter air.
"Hey, Reina," Lydia says.
"Hi. What do you need?" Reina replies, still remembering everything that happened.
"I just want to say an official sorry for everything I said in the entrance video. I know we aren't friends, but I understand what I said was horrible," Lydia apologizes. "I already apologized to Stacy, and she needs time to think if we can still be as before. I hope you can forgive me." Reina stares at her phone silently, and tries to take it all in.
"I accept your apology. Just know, I forgive and not forget. I hope you have a nice day, and good luck with Stacy," Reina answers.
"Okay, thanks Reina." Reina hangs up, and for once, she feels good about her life. She texts Kym and asks her to send Aaron for more tickets. Reina decides to go inside and get ready for her confession. She takes a lip gloss out of her pocket and applies it on her lips. She sees Aaron from her peripheral vision, so she goes to the machine and starts getting tickets.
"Oh, hi Reina," Aaron says, smiling.
"Hey, Aaron," Reina replies, clicking on the machine. She buys 20 more tickets since most games need 2 tickets.
"You buying tickets?" Aaron questions. Reina nods.
"Yeah, you want me to buy you some?" Reina replies.
"Oh, no, it's okay. Uhm, question, can we talk?" Aaron says, getting serious. Reina clicks the Purchase button, and turns to Aaron.
"Yeah, what's up?" Aaron takes a deep breath.
"Did you care when Andy was with Keyla at Stacy's bat mitzvah?" Aaron asks genuinely.
"No, not really. I didn't think we were meant to be," Reina explains. Aaron looks down at the ground.
"Okay. Well, Reina, when we bumped into each other at temple, I knew that we were gonna be friends. Then, the day of Lydia's pool party, I knew there was more to us. I wish I had told you sooner, since you and Andy had gotten together. Honestly, Reina, I really love you." Reina stands there in utter silence. She feels like she is having heart palpitations, and the butterflies in her stomach are swaying in her intestines.
"Aaron, I'm sorry. I felt pressured since Andy and I were alone. But in France, I hadn't found any guy that actually appreciated me as much as you do. You're super sweet. At Stacy's bat mitzvah, I really learned how much I missed talking to you. I do really love you, Aaron Porter," Reina says. Aaron grins, his teal braces showing.
"You're really cute when you smile." Aaron blushes and rips the tickets off.
"Here. Also, can I kiss you?" Reina agrees and leans in. Aaron holds her waist and gently kisses her lips. They release and awkwardly look at each other.
"We should probably go back to the group," Aaron adds. Reina nods, and they walk away from the entrance.
"Never thought I would fall in love with a midget," Reina jokes, making Aaron push her a little. They laugh together, and meet Mateo and Megan.

ᵗ ʰ ᵃ ⁿ ᵏ ˢ ᶠ ᵒ ʳ ʳ ᵉ ᵃ ᵈ ⁱ ⁿ ᵍ 🎀