ᵗᴱⁿ

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ᴰᵉᵈⁱᶜᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ : ᴵⁿᵛⁱˢⁱᵇˡᵉ ˢᵗʳⁱⁿᵍ ⁻ ᵀᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ

It's the day that Reina has been waiting for all her Jewish life, her bat mitzvah. She takes a deep breath, looking at her sister.
"You sure you didn't make a blackmail entrance video of me?" Reina jokes. Fleurette rolls her eyes.
"Whatever, rat. You're gonna love it!" Fleurette exclaims.
"Ladies and gentlemen. Are you ready to celebrate Reina Cohen, because it's her bat mitzvah!" DJ Schmuley shouts. The crowd cheers and the entrance video starts rolling. To my beautiful, funny sister, Reina Cohen. Reina smiles.
Hello, my name is Fleurette Cohen. I'm Reina's sister, and before we officially start, I have some people to show you. Suddenly, Kym, Megan, and Anya show up on the screen.
Heyy, we are Reina's best friends. And this is Aaron, the three girls say, showing Aaron. He waves to the camera.
Okay, so we are gonna roll baby pictures of Reina or whatever, but we just want you to know that we all love Reina. She's the sweetest girl ever. She's super smart (she has straight A's, even in Algebra!) She deserves the world. Okay, bye! Clips of baby Reina start rolling. In one, she has ice cream on her nose. Another one is her at the Eiffel Tower, grinning like an adorable kid.
Look at Reina's dress! She looks like a goddess, someone says in French, the subtitles helping people.
Kym, record me. Okay, so if I catch this gummy in my mouth, Anya owes me $10. I get 3 tries. Reina laughs at herself quietly. She threw the gummy up in the air, and it landed in her hand. The second try, it landed in her mouth. Pure talent, Megan says, walking into frame. Anya rolls her eyes, and throws a $10 bill at Reina. The four laugh together. More clips roll, some of Reina with Aaron and others of her reading a French poem she wrote.
Reina, who's your favorite artist? Aaron asks, holding a microphone up to her. I don't know, maybe Sabrina Carpenter? Reina responds, sounding kind of confused. Favorite song? Reina answers, Bet you wanna, obviously! Reina chuckles. Then, the videos and photos fade away and text pops up on the screen.
Happy 13th to my best friend in our whole school 😻 - Anya
Have a great bat mitzvah Rei! - Stacy, Kym & Megan
Love you so much Reiny :) - Mom & Fleur
Happy birthday to the best baguette lover ever ❤️ - Aaron
Have a great day! 🤞 - Andy & Mateo
The entrance video fades out with Invisible String by Taylor Swift in the background. The spotlight points to Reina, her purple, puff sleeves glistening. She looks back at her mom and sister, who are giving her a thumbs up. She gives them a quick hug, tears rolling down her cheek. Then, she runs out into the crowd. Kym, Megan and Anya are in the front, grabbing her arm and pulling her in to dance.
"Go Reina! Go Reina!" The crowd chants as New Romantics plays loudly. She gets on Kym's shoulders and sees the whole party in action. Her disco ball theme was everything she has wanted. There is a disco in the middle, with little silver and purple cups. Anya looks up at Reina, being 10 times shorter than she usually is.
"Who's ready for a slow dance?" DJ Schmuley shouts, the music slowing down. Reina gets off Kym's shoulders, Aaron waiting for her.
"Wanna dance Rei-Rei?" Aaron asks.
"Of course," Reina agrees, grabbing his shoulders and swaying.
"This is great. I can't believe it's already November," Aaron says.
"I know, it's crazy. Hey, when's your bat mitzvah?" Reina questions.
"January 13th. I'm doing a blue and black glow theme," Aaron explains. Reina gets lost in his eyes while listening to him blabber about his theme.
"You know how long I've loved you?" I ask him. He shakes his head, a tiny smile crawling on his face.
"Since Lydia's party. Basically at the start of the year, I felt some type of connection to you. Aaron, will you be my boyfriend?" Reina asks. Aaron grins like a kid in a sweetshop.
"Of course, definitely, yes!" Aaron says giddily. Reina smiles and kisses him. Aaron smiles in the kiss and the two giggle.
"Alright, lovebirds. Let's play some recommend music!" DJ Schmuley shouts. Aaron drags Reina to the DJ.
"If Reina is okay with it, can we play Don't Stop Believin?" Aaron shouts. DJ Schmuley gives Reina a look.
"I don't care, let him be a nerd for 2 minutes." DJ Schmuley sighs and switches the song.
"Thank you love!" Aaron shouts, jumping up and down.
"You're welcome, nerd," Reina replies, trying not to laugh. He kisses her cheek and takes her back to the crowd.
~
As Reina grabs a Twizzler for Fleurette, she sees Stacy and Lydia.
"Hey Reina! This party is literally amazing," Lydia compliments.
"Oh my gosh, thanks! I've been prepping since I was 5, no joke!" Reina says. The three girls laugh.
"Reiiiii," Megan calls, running up to her with Kym and Anya.
"Hey guys! Just grabbing some food for my sister," The French girl responds. Reina gives a hug to Stacy and waves to Lydia.
"I love your dress, for like, the 50th time!" Anya says, fixing her silver spaghetti strap dress.
"Oh, thanks girl! Also, Kym, that silver necklace is perfect with the theme. Megan, your purple skirt is gorgeous!" Kym, Megan and Anya smile at her.
"Can we get a group hug?" Megan asks. They all nod, and give each other a big hug. They all laugh as they release.
"Okay, I gotta give this to my sister. See ya in 2 minutes," Reina says. She starts walking away from her best friends. She finds Fleurette talking to Ronnie.
"Yeah, I don't understand Missy's problem. Oh, hello Reina. Love your dress," Ronnie addresses. Fleurette turns around, seeing her sister with 2 Twizzlers in hand.
"Thanks Reiny," Fleurette thanks, giving her younger sister a hug.
"You're very welcome, Fleur," Reina replies. She releases, and notices her mom. She blows a kiss to Alexis, and her mom smiles back. DJ Schmuley switches the song to Swimming Pools by Kendrick Lamar. Reina points to her mom and motions for her to come and dance. Alexis walks up to her daughter and grins.
"You even remember one of my favorite songs!" Reina's mom exclaims.
"Of course, since you're the best mom anyone could ever have." Her mom grins, and continues to dance around. The two laugh and Fleurette jumps in. They dance around, laughing with each other.
The French family will forever enjoy America, and occasionally return to France for visits. Reina, Kym, Megan, and Anya will still be best friends throughout middle school. Reina and Stacy will get closer to each other, eventually hanging out after school Reina and Aaron will stay together, go on sweet dates, and flirt with each other during class.
But what about her mitzvah project? Don't worry, she did it with her sister. They made lunch for the hungry with baked cookies made by Kym. They bonded with each other (if that's even possible,) and felt closer to God after. Who knew that Reina would live the American dream?

ᵗ ʰ ᵃ ⁿ ᵏ ˢ ᶠ ᵒ ʳ ʳ ᵉ ᵃ ᵈ ⁱ ⁿ ᵍ 🎀