5. FEELING SOLACE IN HER ARMS

On the deck:

Monami went towards the table where Karan was already waiting for her to have breakfast together..

Karan : Talked to your dad ?

Monami : Huh..yes, As expected he was super tensed and worried !

Karan : Hmm.. Let's Eat..

Monami : Yess!! Finally on the food table after a long hunger night !!

They both were having their breakfast with some random talks..
When they heard people shouting from the other end of deck..They ran towards the end immediately to check the cause behind..
Upon reaching.. they were shocked to see a little kid drowning in water struggling to catch his breath ..

Kid's mother : ( crying & shouting ) Mera baccha.. Mera baccha !! Mere bacche ko koi bachav.. Woh paani mai doob raha hai .. Koi bachav..

Karan instantly jumped into the water to save the kid..

Monami : Karan !! Karan..be careful!

The kid's mother was crying profusely.. falling on her knees and praying God for his safety.

Karan swam across.. to reach the kid and lifted him up so that he could get some air and breathe properly.
He held the kid in his arms and tried to swim back to the ship but he found that the kid's leg was trapped.

He held him with one hand and inhaling a deep breath he dived in..to see what's pulling him back into the water . He found out that it was a fish net that was attached to a rock and underlying debris.. and his leg got stuck in the net.
Karan freed the kid's leg by opening up the tangled knot and made their way back to the ship . The people on the ship pulled the little boy and Karan up.

The kid almost felt unconscious when Karan laid him down..
His mother ran to him, took him in her arms, hugged him to her chest and cried ..
Monami went to the kid, finding him unconscious, she thought that water might have entered his lungs..

Monami to the kid's mother : Aap plz mujhe bacche ko check karne dijiye. Mai doctor hu . You can trust me she said .. to which instantly the woman agreed.

Monami : Plz make some space for me.. I need to check him !! He is unconscious. She said to the crowd gathered there taking the kid from his mother's arms and making him lie down on his back.

She tilted his head back with chin up and started giving him abdominal thrusts by applying force with her hands, above the navel, in order to drain out the water from his lungs.

The water started coming out from the kid's nostrils & mouth emptying the fluid from his respiratory tract.. After few minutes the kid slowly opened his eyes.
Monami checked his pulse and it was stable. She conveyed the same to his mother and concluded that he is safe..

The kid's mother squealed in happiness - Mera baccha theek hogaya! Mera Rahul theek hogaya !!
She looked towards Monami & Karan and thanked them..
Aap dono ka bohot bohot shukriya !! Aaj agar aap nahi hote toh pata nahi mere bacche ka kya hota.
Bhagwan aapki suraksha kare aur aap dono hamesha khush rahe..

Karan replied, " Dhanyawad ki koi jarurat nahi hai ji. Hamne toh sirf hamara farz nibhaya hai! Rahul ko andar leke jaiyiye warna usse thand lag jayega! "

The woman nodded and took Rahul inside.

Monami to Karan : Aur tum bhi jaake change karlo.. You stayed inside water for a long time.. You are completely drenched.

Karan nodded and headed towards his room.

In the meantime Monami went to the control room, to the ship's head to discuss something regarding the voyage plan.
After an hour of discussion and getting all her doubts clarified, she went to check on Rahul .