7. THE HAPPY HEART

The next morning, Karan woke up and looked at his sides and all around the room in search of Monami.. but couldn't find her. Thinking that she might have left to her room.. he went to the washroom to freshen up.
By the time he came out, he found his coffee mug at the bedside table and a note placed beside it.

He read the note and sipped on his coffee thinking about yesterday's night. He was still not out of that sad mood and was having a terrible headache due to continuous crying and pressurizing himself last night.

He got ready, left to the deck, went towards her and sat on his chair wishing her morning..

Monami : Hi Karan! Had ur coffee?

Karan : Yess. Thankyou!

Monami smiled a bit and they continued to have their breakfast.

Silence prevailed between them as they continued to have their breakfast. Monami noticed that he was still upset and wasn't speaking anything.. She decided to ask him about his brother thinking he might speak out something and that may relieve his pain and mental stress to a bit..
Monami : "Karan.."

Karan : "Bolo Monami."

Monami : "Karann.. tu..tum apne Bh..Bhai ke baare mai...''

Karan instantly looked up at her from his breakfast plate and cutting her in between.. he replied," No Monami! I don't want to speak anything about that."

Monami : "Par Karan tum ese kab tak apne dard ko chupake rahoge.. Please trust me Karan, share it out once.. you will feel better.I know its not easy, it's difficult and hard.. but once u come out with it you will feel light and relieved. I am with you. Please speak it out Karan.."

Karan (In an irritated tone) : "Monami.. I said NO. Please don't drag this anymore. End the topic here."

Monami : "Karan.. if you don't want to share it with me it's okay. But tum atleast apne family ke saath ya Faizi ke saath toh share karsakte hona. Its not good to hide ur pain Karan. It affects your mental health. Please try to understand!"

That's it Karan had enough of it now. He was already irritated and told her not to pull the topic further and adding to this his headache wasn't getting any better and due to that frustration.. anger overpowered him and he bursted out on Monami.

Karan : "ENOUGH MONAMI!" He shouted on her banging his hand hard on the table, startling Monami by his sudden aggressive behaviour.
"Kab se bole jaa rahe ho.. Bataya na ek baar uss baare main baat nahi karni. Please try to listen to the opposite person's words and understand their perspective as well! Mere bhai ne uss mission mai apna jaan dediya hai.. toh mai unkeliye itna dard toh seh he sakta hu! You don't need to worry about me." He shouted at her and left the table in anger without completing his breakfast.

Monami looked at his retreating figure with tears in her eyes. This was the first time that somebody has shouted on her with that high pitch voice. She didn't expect he would react like this.. but she too felt that fault was on her side as well, she shouldn't have brought up this topic when he was still upset and not in good mood. She felt guilty when realised that he has left without completing his breakfast.