Chapter 19 - A New Mission

The air crackled with anticipation as we landed in New Zealand, our mission clear in our minds. The Gem of Desire, a potent Honkai Cube, was our target, nestled within the Oceania Branch after a failed Schicksal research program.

Just as we prepared to delve into the task, Himeko's hologram flickered into view. "You've arrived safely, I see. We need to get right into the briefing."

Kiana, ever curious, jumped in. "Himeko, what about the analysis of the unmanned battleship?"

"Kiana, the mission takes precedence," Himeko interjected, her hologram projecting images of the beach overrun by Honkai beasts. "Here's the situation. A massive Honkai spike hit New Zealand a day ago. The area is swarming with zombies and Honkai creatures. The Oceania Branch is offline, and unfortunately, the Gem of Desire has vanished during this chaos. But there's a silver lining. The Hyperion has sensors that can track the Gem. Your task: locate it and bring it back."

"Himeko-sensei, what exactly is the Gem of Desire?" I inquired.

"The Gem of Desire is one of three potent Honkai Cubes that Schicksal acquired 14 years ago," Himeko explained. "Three years back, Schicksal initiated a covert research program to harness its power, aiming to create weapons capable of fighting a Herrscher. Unfortunately, the project failed, and the Gem has been stored in the Oceania Branch since then. That's all the information available."

"Alright, let's go get that Gem! I'm jumping out first!" Kiana said, diving out with unbridled excitement.

She's always so eager. Where the hell is she getting those energy

"I'll be heading down too," Mei said, steadying herself before leaping down and landing gracefully.

"Bronya, shall we?" I turned to her.

Bronya seemed distant for a moment, lost in thought.

"Bronya?"

"Huh? Oh... Yeah."

"Are you alright?"

"I-I'm fine," she assured me, flashing a small smile. "Let's go."

That's weird...

We followed suit, jumping down and joining Kiana and Mei. After a few minutes of walking around, A hologram appeared in front of Kiana, catching us off guard.

It's the loli hag.

"Kiana-chan, Himeko told me that you're curious about the battleship. I'll tell you the analysis results."

"Aunt TeRiRi! You're the World's #1 Cutie!" Kiana cheered.

"What did you say?" Theresa blinked, slightly taken aback. "Never mind. The analysis showed that the battleship wasn't fully activated. Only one of its 24 anti-grav drives was operational, and the weapon systems were frozen as well. A fully activated battleship could have devastated North America within 24 hours. Just to put things in perspective, the Hyperion's Honkai Reactor has a max output of 1380 HW, while the Selene's output is 12000 HW. The most powerful Schicksal reactor has a maximum output of 1500 HW. There's only one way to build a reactor with an output that exceeds 1500 HW."

You're talking about...Herrschers? Kiana's eyes widened with concern.

"Indeed. In the Nagazora incident, the 3rd Herrscher unleashed a strike equivalent to 3200 HW, directly impacting the Hyperion," Theresa confirmed.

"The voice mentioned four keys..." Kiana mumbled, lost in thought.

Suddenly, a few Houkai beasts and zombies emerged, breaking the conversation abruptly.

"Looks like we have unwelcome guests," I remarked, unsheathing my blade.

"Shin, Your starting to sound like Rita now." Bronya inquired.

"Sorry."

"I noticed," Kiana replied with a heavy sigh.

"There's a Cassiel and a Praetorian," I quickly identified the approaching threats.

The tension in the air intensified as we prepared to confront the incoming Houkai creatures.

"Finally relieved, huh?" I chuckled softly, readying myself for the fight ahead.

"I share that sentiment," Mei nodded, her grip tightening around her katana.

The creatures charged at us, one by one, Kiana and Bronya also moved towards them clashing.

"Houkai beasts and zombies... They don't give us a moment's rest, do they?" Kiana muttered, frustration evident in her voice.

"Not this time," I said, trying to remain calm despite the situation.

I can still feel the pain from the Valkyrie examination!

The sound of clashing blades and the echoes of gunfire filled the air as we fought valiantly against the Houkai creatures. Each strike was met with a swift and calculated counterattack, our teamwork allowing us to hold our ground against the onslaught.

Meanwhile... at Hyperion.

Himeko's gaze fixated on the holographic projection as she leaned forward, her curiosity evident. "Principal, where did the Gem of Desire originate? The archives hold no information, not even about A-rank Valkyries."

Theresa glanced at Himeko, a faint smirk playing on her lips. "Curiosity, Major Himeko?"

"Of course. My squad is fighting down there for that stupid rock. I need the truth!"

Theresa nodded slowly, her expression turning somber. "Then, let me paint you a picture... of events that unfolded 14 years ago."