Chapter 56 - Rest (Himeko Murata's POV)

After a few minutes, Raiden Mei, Bronya, Theresa, and Einstein landed near the front of the control room.

"What's the situation?" Dr. Einstein asked as she entered the control room, heading towards Dr. Tesla.

"Defense system deactivated. We're safe! But we have no idea where Kiana is," Himeko reported.

"Give the two professors some time. They'll hack into the system and look for clues. Let's see what they've found so far. For now, take a rest and talk to everyone," Theresa interjected.

"Y-Yes, Principal Theresa," Himeko replied.

Himeko stepped into the middle of the room, scanning her surroundings. "This seems to be a rest area, but now it's filled with all kinds of resources. Well, there's no time on the battlefield to clean things up, after all."

Himeko approached Shin, Mei, and Bronya, her steps purposeful as she joined their conversation.

"How are you three holding up?" she inquired, her gaze shifting between them.

"I'm managing, Major Himeko," Mei replied with a smile.

"Bronya is fine" Bronya added with a small smile.

"Feeling a bit worn out, but still ready for more action," Shin chimed in, his voice laced with determination.

"Don't push yourselves too hard," Himeko cautioned, a hint of concern in her tone. "And Shin, the way you handled those mechs out there was impressive."

"Heh, I learned from the best," Shin replied, returning Himeko's smile with a grin of his own. "But Major Himeko, I should be the one saying those words to you, The way you fight is more intense than mine."

"Alright, I'll keep that in mind." Himeko turned to Bronya, "How's Wendy doing?"

"The Bronya watched the surgery and it was a success. She's coming around later but Wendy's body is still weak. She's not in a state to fight. She is resting in the medical bay."

"I see, that's good."

"Major Himeko," Mei interjected, her voice steady but urgent. "Before we proceed, I need to ask you for a favor."

Himeko's brow furrowed in concern. "Of course, Mei. What is it?"

Mei took a deep breath, her expression serious. "Please remove the bomb that's been placed next to my heart."

Shin's eyes widened in shock. "A bomb!? In your heart!?"

"The Bronya is also curious," Bronya added, her concern evident.

Himeko nodded, her expression grave. "Understood, Mei. I'll inform Theresa right away."

"Wait, wait, wait! Why does Mei have a bomb in her heart!?" Shin exclaimed, his voice tinged with disbelief.

"It's a long story, Schicksal planted the bomb next to Mei's heart as a precaution. It's linked to her Herrscher powers. If she uses them for more than 5 minutes, the bomb will detonate."

"A Herrscher...?! Wait... Huh?!" Shin's confusion was palpable.

"Shin... Raiden Mei is the Herrscher of Thunder," Himeko clarified, her voice gentle but firm.

"I didn't know..." Shin said, his voice filled with concern.

Mei gave him a reassuring smile. "It's alright, Shin. Now you know."

Himeko nodded, stepping back. "I'll leave you three to talk."

As she walked away, Himeko noticed a blue and white robot standing near the computer. Curious, she approached it.

"Hm? Dr. Einstein, aren't you helping out Tesla?" Himeko asked. Dr. Einstein turned to her, her voice coming throughthe speakers of the mech. "Himeko, hacking is Tesla's specialty. She doesn't like being interrupted. I'm just taking a break."

"Then why don't you come out of the mech?"

"Because it's comfortable. I've installed air conditioning, cushions, and even a mini-fridge in here. Would you like something to drink?"

"No, thank you. I can't relax during a fight."

"I see," Dr. Einstein said, before falling silent.

Himeko backed away and walked over to Tesla. "Got anything so far, Dr. Tesla?"

"Shush! Engineers need peace and quiet to work properly."

"...Alright. Sorry for disturbing you," Himeko said, stepping back.

I'm glad everyone is taking their time...

A few minutes later, Theresa approached Dr. Tesla. "Tesla, how are things coming along?"

"I've found the clue you were looking for. A few hours ago, a ship flew into Schicksal HQ's Helheim Labs," Tesla reported. "Those labs are creepy. Do you know what Otto would do to her?"

"We're running out of time," Theresa replied, concern in her voice.

"Hmm," Himeko interjected, joining the conversation. "Helheim Labs is not too far from here. We should bust in."

"It won't be so easy. Helheim Labs has a massive defense barrier. Our firepower may not penetrate that quickly enough."

"We're running out of time, remember?" Himeko repeated.

"We must come up with another solution: Switch off that massive Honkai power core to deactivate the shield," Theresa suggested.

"Sounds like a plan. I'll do that. You stay put. Once the power core is shut down, pilot the Hyperion through the breach," Himeko proposed.

"But what about you? Enemy reinforcements will show up quickly. You will be surrounded," Theresa expressed her concern.

"Don't worry. I was a member of the Valkyrie Assault Squad. I specialize in breakthroughs," Himeko reassured her.

"But..."

"Trust me, Theresa."

"Fine..."

"Wait," Tesla interjected. "I went over the number of operable mechs. I can divert some to support you. I'll join you as well. Someone has to lead the mechs."

"Leave them all on the Hyperion. They'll need more firepower than us."

"I don't like it when people counter my decisions. Find me outside when you're ready," Tesla said as she walked away.

As Tesla walked outside, Theresa turned to Himeko. "You should at least take Shin with you."

Himeko smiled. "Nah, I'd win. Shin is not in a condition to fight right now, so I let him rest."

Theresa sighed. "Geez."

"Oh yeah... About Mei, she wants you to remove the bomb from her heart."

"Okay... We'll do that after the mission."

"I'm going now," Himeko said, walking away.

"Good luck," Theresa said.

Himeko stepped outside and immediately spotted Tesla standing near the mech. "I'm ready, let's go."

"I don't think you'll complete this suicidal trip," Tesla remarked.

"Hah. I have no idea what you're talking about," Himeko scoffed.