58. A test for Ranveer🩸

Chandralekha POV

Raghav broke down in my arms, gazing at the dead body of Gurudev.

"He was the only one I had Chandani!"

He quavered, in a shaky and throaty voice.

"Raghav! Please be strong. You're the King for everyone. You may break down in my arms, but not before your people."

I elucidated him, stroking his back lovingly. My eyes were shedding tears too.

"First your father, then our baby Roop and now Gurudev. Why is this happening to me? I couldn't even see my mother."

He broke down again, and I tightened my embrace.

"That was destiny! We can't do anything about it now. Think of your baby, Raghav!"

I muttered, placing his hand on my belly, holding his wrist. He gaped at me.

"Gurudev told us, right?"

I reminded him, and he nodded, hugging me back.

"Where is Khyati?"

I asked, getting worried about my husband.

"She is engulfed by the caretakers of hell.... forever!"

He informed me, and I gaped at him.

"What? How?"

I asked

"She tried to seduce me, but I refused the offer."

He informed me, but I wasn't shocked. I know him, his love and loyalty towards me, and his perspective for women.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

(In Vijaygarh)

Chitra POV

A significant change in weather was discernable throughout the night, but the dawn seemed hopeful.

I could not feel frightened in Ranveer's arms, enjoying the actual 'sambhog' (sex), but I left the room the moment blue sparkles began scattering in the sky.

An hour passed and the Sun shone beautifully, as if some evil had died. A flower fell down into my hands from the idol of the deity, and a beautiful smile etched on my face, deciphering that Khyati was finally dead.

Paying salutations to the Goddess, I ran through the secret passage and went straight to Khyati's abandoned old room, to get a look of her diary. Ti my shock, it was already reduced to ashes.

The diary was Khyati herself. It burnt away the moment she began burning, and with her body, the diary died.

"Ranveer!"

I rushed inside my chamber, hiding myself from the sentinels, since I wasn't coloured.

"Yes, my baby!"

He cooed me, pecking my forehead.

"Are you okay? Is it still aching?"

He enquired, carrying me in his arms, in the bridal style.

"Yes, I'm okay. Khyati is dead."

His eyes widened, listening to the words uttered by me.

"Is this happening for real?"