R

{Note from author! Shout out to @Unique_StarChild for all of the support! Y'all should definitely check out their Dogday x CatNap book!}

CatNap POV:

I look over at Dayz, as he says, "Me too."

I smile and sit down.

He sits down, and scoots over to me. He then rests his head on my shoulder. My fur and his both stand up...

This feels... just... right.

I then lean my head on top of his.

"I love you... a lot... Dayz." I say, as I look at him.

He's starting to fall asleep, "I love you..." He says, as his eyes slowly shut.

I stay there, looking at the fake moon. It may be fake, but it feels real at the moment.

I eventually fall asleep as well, taking in the beautiful scenery.

When we wake up, Dayz looks around, then looks at me.

"Hey, Cat." He says, as he lands a kiss on my forehead.

"Hey." I reply as I stretch my body.

I've never fell asleep outside of my house.

"Well, how'd you sleep?" Dayz asks me. "Good, best sleep I've had in a while." I say, thinking to myself that it was probably because of his warmth.

The staff gave me a bad mattress to sleep on, and some thin blankets. But when Dayz is there to take the pillow place... it really helps.

Back when I first started, everyone was kind of scared of me, I was a threat to them. But when they learned that I was just a normal purple cat that didn't want anything to do with this place, they took advantage of me. They bullied me a lot, except for Dayz. He always stuck up for me, and since he is the some-what leader of the critters, people listened to him. But when someone found the perfect opportunity to bully me again, they would.

I wonder what it was like for Dayz when he first joined. "Hey Dayz... What was it like for you... when you first became a critter?" I ask him. "Well... People didn't think I had what it took to be a smiling critter. But, when I started being noticed for my kind actions, my leadership, and the responsibilities I took... people noticed me." He said, grinning, while at the same time frowning for some reason.

"Well, why are you frowning?" I ask, worried. "Oh.. What? I'm not frowning..." He said, as he put on a fake smile.

"Dayz, what's wrong? What happened?" I ask. "Fine... After people started noticing me... I knew I wasn't a leader, and I wasn't always a good guy... Before I signed up for training... When I was still in school, outside of the factory... There were lots of human beings... So, I had to always cover my face up. It turned out that... my parents... they escaped the factory, the Playcare, all of this... They were criminals." Dayz says, "They really tried to take care of me, feed me the proper food. But... they had to steal that food, and those clothes, and all of the stuff that kept me and them alive." He continues, "I can't help but cry myself to sleep, because people see me as a good person, but on the inside, I'm really just incriminated with a bunch of stuff... I can't count all of the bad things I've done in my lifetime... I'm 26 now... back then, when my parents escaped with me... I didn't know what was happening, all of the guards trying to stop them... I was only 9... And when my parents died, I had to live on the streets... My name was never DogDay.... It was Arthur before all of this. Arthur Tannehill, I believe." He explains his backstory, and I just listen to all of it, shocked at what a messed-up life he must've had.

"I'm... I don't... know what to say... I'm really sorry..." I say. "You don't have to be sorry... I do... To my parents... To God... and to everyone's life I ruined. I really don't think all dogs go to heaven... because this one..." He says as he gestures to himself, "Isn't no angel." He finishes.

I can't speak... Him calling himself a devil just hurts my heart. "I-I." I try and say something, "No.. Don't wanna hear any sorrys or anything else related to that. It's me." He said, smiling.

"Well then, tell me about your life." He said, insisting that I state what happened in my life. "Well... I don't ever remember having parents... But I do remember having a brother." I start, "He was... caring... intelligent... and so kind to everyone around him... reminds me of you, at least... current you." I say, not in a rude way, but in an explaining way, and Dayz understand that.

"Well, he always got things for me, clothes, shoes, and all this crap I never even asked for. He had a job, a good one. He was so smart. Could call him a calculator... Hah... Anyway, he ended up dying from an asthma attack... He had asthma... and it was bad. He could barely even run." I say, "Then, I ran away, crying. I thought it were my fault. Then, someone found me, which is when I became a critter, I got found by an employee of Playtime Co. And that was 10 years ago, as you know." I say, finishing.

"Well... It seems neither of us really had a good childhood." Dayz says, frowning. He hugs me, embracing each other, we stayed there for 5 minutes straight.

"Thank you... for sharing." I tell him, "Same as you..." He said, smiling.

895 Words

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Thank you all for reading this so far! I really just wanted to make up my own backstories for the two main characters, so that's what I did! Thank you all for reading, and as always, see you next chapter!