-CHAPTER 8: Truth-

You held your wand with difficulty, then uttered the "Total Healing" spell

A magic circle appeared beneath you, your wounds slowly began to heal due to the effect of the spell

"A healing spell?"

"Yes... it's not the best spell but it does the trick"
you said in a tired voice

you started looking at your wand, then looked at the man who was giving you emotionless looks with a serious face

"You haven't sent me for a single mission since I was appointed to work with you which made my confidence in my abilities shake, so I sacrificed hours of my sleep to practice spells but on that day you helped me and didn't leave me behind your back even though you could replace me with a better assistant than me instead of helping me when you saw me that weakness, but you didn't do that either ... I'm confused about my situation ... What do you think I am? What's wrong with you?"

Orter looked at you with a sharp look
"I'll ask you again, why do you want to go on field missions so much? You know you don't have to do them"

"You have the right to ask me this question, you know the education system that I underwent more than anyone else, we learn magic spells to be qualified to go on field missions but we don't learn all the required spells. They focused on teaching us all types of public administration processes and accounting studies so that we can be the best at doing office work Maybe that's why you don't trust my practical abilities___"

Your eyes moved to look at him coldly
"___So I'm training with my family's spells and with other spells that the academy didn't teach me. I need to go to those field missions from time to time to try out the spells I've learned and make sure they're effective, so I can become stronger and serve the Bureau of Magic and achieve my goal."

"And your goal is revenge? What were you talking about that day?" Orter asked

"Exactly, that's what I want."

Orter remained silent

"Now it's your turn, I told you about me, tell me about you and what is your problem?"

Orter took a deep breath and then exhaled slowly
"My helping that day was out of respect and nothing more."

"Huh..?"

"You just explained your situation and the reason why it's not necessary for you to go on missions, so normally no assistants trying to develop their magic skills because they doesn't have to go anywhere dangerous, if they goes they doesn't do much, and the reason I kept you as you are without replacing you is because I saw that day a different assistant for the first time from the rest of the other assistants who were content with their position and didn't try to develop their magic skills, so I helped you even though I expected that you would give up soon due to lack of time. But I was wrong about you, you developed in a short time."

When you heard those words, you smiled sideways
"Does this mean that you will send me on field missions from now on because your opinion of me has changed?"

Orter nodded without saying anything

"Finally!"
You immediately forgot your feeling of fatigue and pain and jumped high, clapping and laughing happily, you got what you wanted after a long struggle

"I have an off topic question" Orter asked

"Wait before you ask, this place is cold I can actually see my breath" you said after you sneezed because of the cold weather in that place

You expanded your healing spell's radius and then raised your wand
"Crimson Flame." You uttered the words of the spell, a red flame appeared two meters above you two