Plan Plotting

After a little while, Clem, Louis, AJ, Willy, and I made our way through the woods to find the boat. Louis walked ahead of us a bit as I walked beside Clem who had the map unfolded in her hands. AJ walked beside me as Willy took up the rear, a bow in his hand and an arrow ready just in case. I had my gun loaded in its holster and my knife in its sheath, just to be safe as well. The wind rustled through the trees, shaking their leaves violently with a rattle. After a little while of walking in silence, Clem folded up and spoke to our group.

"Once we find the boat, we'll look for a way to sneak on board," Clem said.

"They probably have a load of supplies there...maybe we could use that as a distraction of sorts?" I suggested, looking over.

"We'll see, but that's not a bad idea," Clem smiled.

"Yeah, if Tenn doesn't fuck it up this time," Willy muttered.

AJ stopped walking and turned around, looking at Willy.

"It wasn't Tenn's fault," AJ said sternly.

"Yes, it was! Mitch died because he–" Willy went to argue, but got cut off by AJ.

"Say one more thing about Tenn. I dare you," AJ threatened.

I sighed and shook my head as Louis, Clem, and I stopped walking. Clem walked over to stop the boys from arguing. Meanwhile, I looked forward and saw the boat.

"Guys...there it is!" Louis said and I nodded.

"Right where it should be," I said and crossed my arms.

Clem turned around as AJ and Willy fell quiet—looking at the ship through the trees. Louis walked forward a bit, and I waited for Clem before we all snuck closer to get a better look at it. Birds chirped above us in the trees as the grass rustled and swayed around us—Louis and I looked over at Clem, since she was between us. AJ then raised up the binoculars, getting a closer look.

"See anything?" Clem asked him in a whisper.

"The beach, uhm..a boat, and uh...a wood street in the water," AJ listed off.

"That's called a pier," Clem said.

"Pier," AJ said, correcting himself.

"Okay, let's spread out and focus on those areas. Keep your heads low," Clem said and took the binoculars, and each of us gave a nod.

I crept off and managed to find a tree that had branches low enough for me to climb, while having enough leaves to keep me hidden from sight along the beach, the pier and boat deck. I looked over and saw Clem creeping around a bit—she found a few things. One was a horseshoe and the other was a rabbit's foot—that possibly belonged to Omar. I looked back over at the ship and saw a few guards, some supplies and the horses. Clem went over to Louis to check with him on anything he's seen.

"Have you ever seen this thing before?" Clem asked him.

"No way. Pretty sure I would've remembered an old timey river boat," Louis said and looked over. "And from where I'm sitting, looks like that pier is the only way inside."

"Well, let's see what else is down there," Clem said and raised the binoculars up.

Clem and Louis spoke quietly below me, and I looked down at them from my perch in the tree. I then climbed down, being careful so I wouldn't get seen by any guards before I crept over to them.

"I don't see an obvious place to keep prisoners," Clem said as she observed the Pilot house.

"Boats have brigs," I spoke up before Louis could say anything about it. "That's most likely where they're being kept." Clem gave me a weird look and I shook my head slightly.