The Awakening

Selena blinked slowly, raising her hands to cover her eyes. The light was blinding. Noises gradually surrounded her as her eyes began to focus. She froze as she found herself staring at Ray and Bianca.

 What? Why was Ray standing here as if nothing had happened? 

She was moving before she could think. Her fist connected with Ray's face, sending her sprawling into the dirt. Selena shook with rage. 

"How dare you?" she seethed, fist bruised from the force of the blow.

Ray, still disoriented, glanced at Bianca with confusion and fear, unsure of what triggered Selena's sudden aggression.

"Lena? What's wrong?" she asked, wide-eyed in shock.

"Are you still going to pretend?!" Selena hissed, rushing towards her and kicking her.

 "My Lady? Please calm down," Bianca said, trying to hold her back. Ray cried out, curling into a fetal position to protect her head. 

"Let go of me! I'll kill this backstabbing bi-," Selena thrashed as she got pulled away.

 "My lady! What has come over you?" Bianca grunted as she got hit in the gut.

People started to gather around them, whispering to themselves. "Luna! Stop this! You're creating a scene," Bianca hissed, finally pulling her away. Selena shook with rage, her eyes dripping with murderous intent. Someone had helped Ray up, and Selena watched as she quivered, sniffled, and rubbed her sides.

Bianca grabbed her jaw and made eye contact with her. "SELENA! STOP!" Selena froze at hearing her name on Bianca's lips. Wait, why was Bianca here?

Now that she thought about it, Bianca and Ray looked younger than usual.

"What-' she stumbled out of Bianca's grasp and looked around. The faces surrounding them were both strange and familiar. "My lady? Have you calmed down?" Bianca frowned, worried. Selena took a step forward and reached out to her. Her vision blurred, and her legs gave out.

The last thought she had as she watched Bianca and some others rush to her was what a weird joke the gods were playing on her. She also didn't miss Ray's look before being swallowed by the dark embrace of unconsciousness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selena woke up screaming. The right side of her face was hot. 

'No, no, no, no, not again!'

"Hey! Hey! It's okay; you're safe! Wake up!" Selena gasps. Someone was holding her.

"No!" she screamed and thrashed about in bed, trying to escape.

"Open your eyes, love; it's me, Bianca. Come on, that's it," Bianca cooed softly, caressing Selena's hair.

Selena opened her eyes to sunrays streamed into the room through the windows. Her heart hammered against her chest as she lay frozen in Bianca's hands, tears streaking down her face.

Sweat soaked through her clothes, and the sheets tangled around her shaking form. Her breath came out in choked sobs and gasps.

"Deep breaths, I've got you. You're safe now." Bianca rocked them back and forth, waiting for Selena's breaths to even out.

She slowly raised her shaking hands to her face. Her hands were unblemished, and she started to laugh. "My Lady? What's wrong?" Bianca asked, worried.

'I'm in my room, how? What was happening? What sort of cruel joke was this?'