The Meeting

Selena looked up at the knock on her door. "Come in!" she called, putting away her journal. 

Bianca walked in, "Good morning, Luna",  she said, bowing slightly.

"Morning B, is it time already?"  Selena asked. "Yes,  please come with me", Bianca gestured towards the door. 

"Sure, sure. Let's go," she said, feeling a little lighter now that her plans had been properly arranged and spelt out.

They finally went for the meeting after Selena pushed it back for weeks. They both walked through the community, greeting people as they passed.

Selena looked around, the nostalgia hitting deep; so much had changed in two years.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but we are going to..." she probed.

Bianca looked at her weirdly and replied, "We're trying to make preparations for the moon festival".

"Oh yes, the moon festival, of course! How could I forget?" Selena agreed. She began to nibble her lips, an unconscious reaction she did whenever she was thinking.

If they were preparing for the moon festival, Sif wasn't her mate yet. This time was good; she was at least three months ahead of schedule, "Hey, are you sure you're alright?"  A question jolted her back to reality.

Selena looked at Bianca, "Huh, what? I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

Bianca sighed. "You are doing it again," she said.

"Doing what?" Selena frowned.

"Chewing your lips, you only do that when you have something on your mind; care to share?" Bianca asked. 

"It's nothing; I'm just thinking of what our pack can contribute to the festival." Selena diverted.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" Bianca grabbed her shoulders and stared into her eyes, searching.

"Yes, I do." Selena looked away from her gaze.

Aside from her revenge, she also wanted to change some things. She had always been made to believe that Bianca was being intrusive and controlling; it wasn't until after Bianca got cast out that Selena realised how important she was.

Selena had been lied to and manipulated numerous times, and innocent people suffered. She's back now and will ensure that those who deceived her suffer for their deception.

"We're here", Bianca announces, standing by grand oak doors. Selena traces the intricate carvings on the temple doors; it feels like it's been so long since she's come here.

"I'm home", she whispers, placing her head on the carving of the moon goddess.

"Luna?" Bianca called again.

"It's nothing; let's go in," Selena says hastily, wiping her face.

The door opened to a room illuminated by Floor-to-ceiling windows that looked out into the community. In the middle was a sizable crescent-shaped table already occupied by people. These were the pack elders, descendants of the first people to form the pack in the dark ages.

As the Luna of her pack, Selena's seat was at the tip of the crescent facing the east;  by her side was an empty seat for her mate.

Thank the heavens he wasn't here now; she wasn't sure she was stable enough to see either. 

"Lady Selena?" one of the elders called out. She blinked and realised she had been standing there for a while; everyone was seated and staring at her. "Sorry about that." She smiled as she went to her seat.