24. You Tell Me Yours, I Tell You Mine, Deal?

Tyler's POV

We were already half way through the movie as we stuffed our faces with junk food, I'm not supposed to be eating like this but Jesus can come anytime soon, so I gotta eat while I can.

"I've been eating a lot recently and I'm afraid that I'll get fat and short." Rowan stated.

"Why have you been eating a lot?" I asked him.

"Well I stress eat, I get nervous and stressed out I start eating rapidly." He said slowly with his mouth full.

"Don't talk while eating, you can choke to death." I stated as he drank his soda and swallowing his food. "So why do you get so nervous?" I kept the conversation going.

"You." He responded quickly.

"Me? What do you mean me?" I asked knitting my brows.

"Dude you make nervous okay, I was so surprised that I didn't say stupid things to you when we started hanging out together." He blurted everything out of his mouth.

"Oh, that's new information." I said and licked the cheese from the burger off his mouth.

"You eat like an animal." I said pressing my lips together.

"Hey I eat like the hot nigga that I am." He said raising his shoulders.

"Yeah, a nigga with cheese all over his mouth." I said and Rowan looked at me with no joy on his face, that's when I suddenly realized what I had said.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry I don't know why I said the N word, I'm so, so sorry." I gently and quickly apologized, I totally forgot.

"How could forget about that? Don't say it again." He commanded.

"I know Row I'm sorry, it won't happen again, please." I added to the apology.

"Uh fine, only because it's you that's why I'm letting this one slip... Your forgiven." He said as a smile crawled on my mouth.

"Thank you, thank you... Muah!" I kissed him and started kissing all over his face and pinned him on the couch and tickling him as he laughed loudly and couldn't control his breathing. "I love you." I tried one more time to see if he will respond but to my surprise.

He didn't.

"Okay now you gotta tell me why you won't say it back." I said getting up from his body pausing the movie and sitting back down while he did the same.

"I'm sorry Ty, I really am, I don't just know why I can't say it back." He looked defenseless saying that.

"I know I said when your ready but now, I am getting worried please tell me, let's not keep things from each other." I said as he looked at me with his guilty eyes before breathing in and out then his eyes became confident.

"Okay, okay I will but since you said no secrets you gotta talk too." He stated said as I nod my head agreeing with him.

"Yeah, you tell me yours, I'll tell you mine, deal?" I said and he nodded.

"Okay, the reason why I know that I can't say those three words is because, I.. am.. I'm afraid". He hesitated before saying.

"Your afraid, why?" I asked curiously.

"Because the last person I said those three words to stabbed me in the back, and I was left with physical bruises all over my body." He gradually said it as my heart sunk to the realization.

The trauma from his former school when that Mark guy and his evil girlfriend left him in pain, I felt so bad for my love.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked you to tell me, I feel so stupid now." I said hitting my head with my hand as Rowan held it stopping me from continuing.