CHAPTER 1

Let's initiate from the very beginning..

August, 2022.

"I will shuffle your sitting arrangements today. Pack your bags and be ready.", our class teacher said.
All the students ranted about how strict she was being for just a hand full of students causing trouble.

"Myra go sit with Clara."
I stood up from my seat and coldly sat down in my assigned place, leaving behind those people whom I considered as 'friends'.
I could see Clara looking at me from the corner of my eye as if she wanted to tell me something.
"Um.. Hey", she finally spoke up.
I looked at her.
"Uh um.. Do you mind to change seats with the girl in front? I really want to sit with my best friend.", Clara requested.
"Ask Mrs. Paul.", I coldly replied.
"She would never let me sit with her if I did. She likes you.. Do something maybe? Please??"
No answer.
"Tanni?", She called the one sitting a bench before ours.
"You are fine with sitting with Myra right?"
"Absolutely.", Tanni replied.

I got up from my seat and walked up to Mrs. Paul, our class teacher.
"Mam, could I please sit with Tanni? It's actually quite disturbing to sit with Clara."
"Alright."

I came back to see a smiling face.
"THANK YOUUU! You're the best!", Clara exclaimed.
I shifted myself to the bench in front beside Tanni.
"Thank Gooodness you came in place of her. She's a total headache.", Tanni said while I shifted beside her.
"I don't think she heard what you said to the teacher, that's why she thanked you in that way.", Tanni said.
I smiled as a reply.

After class,

"None of our places changed!", Jules said.
"Headache throughout the year.", Ava complained.
"WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH AVA!", they said out loud.
"Yeah, who doesn't?", Ava replied.
Chuckles were heard.
"Fortunately Perrie was sent back.", Sammy said.
"Yeah finally.", Tanni sighed.
They then turned back to see me silently completing my pending notes.
"Your new partner has a pretty handwriting Tanni.", Someone said.
I looked up and recognised the face. It was Nisha, sitting with Sammy in front of us and Ava with Jules further front.
I gave a dull smile and continued my work.

"Won't you eat?", Tanni said.
"Not hungry.", I replied.
"Uh oh- ok then."
I hummed.

The whole lunch break passed by with them being all noisy and giggly and gradually the day came to an end with a strange spark of happiness that I experienced sitting around them, laughing and cracking jokes all day. It kinda felt like those fun six hours of school which I was missing since quite a few weeks.