CHAPTER 9

We had to run to the court several times this weekend due to the family issues that we have been facing. It is not at all pleasant to me and it's much tiring when it comes to leaving the town, and all above my school. My mom wanted to shift to a new place to start over everything afresh, but I made her realise how it was not actually going to workout and the circumstances that we would have to face. The stronger I made myself appear in front of my mother, the weaker I got from within. I had just recovered from the affect of the rumours and negatives that I faced and it was too early for something new to start, but it already did.
I reached school with a gloomy face and saw everyone chatting about our excursion. Of course nobody was over it.

"What's with that face?", Nisha asked.
"Nothing.", I replied.
"Hiding from me?", she inquired.
"Ugh.. you know it."

I had already told everything to Nisha before. About my life, my past and the things I've faced. I felt safe to tell her everything as she listened to me patiently and never got tired of me.

"YEAH I WOULD BE GONE ANYWAYS SO JUST TOLERATE ME FOR A FEW MORE DAYS.", I blurted out.
I felt sad as well as angry. I didn't know what to do, I felt very helpless and ran to the washroom.
The day was quite a bad one for me as I kept shouting on people unnecessarily and made them offended.
I spoke to Mrs. D'Souza about my shifting away and she strongly opposed the decision. She asked me to bring my mom so that she could talk to her.
The school broke up. We walked out of the school and she dragged me to a vendor.

"One for us please.", she asked.

I silently watched the vendor make something out of candy floss.

"IT'S A ROSE!", I said out loud.
She laughed as she took it from his hand and paid him the money.

"Here. Be happy. I brought you a rose on Rose Day.", Nisha said giving it to me. "You would never have a boyfriend to gift you such things with such an ugly face, so be grateful.", she said.

She really did know how to make me laugh, but unknowingly kept on knocking at something that wasn't suppose to be.

We walked to the bus stop near DELI.

"What made you say that you'd be gone?", Nisha asked me as we stood and chatted.
"Uh-um..", I sluttered.
"Hmm?"
"I'd be leaving soon I guess."
Her face turned black.
"What do you mean?"
"Yeah.."
I informed her about whatever had happened this weekend and she was visibly very upset.
"Is it very necessary to leave?"
I couldn't answer and just looked down at the ground.

The next day,

Mrs. D'Souza spoke to my mother and she explained to her how changing of schools would be difficult at this stage of the academic year and also how it would affect my mental health keeping in mind that I have just recovered and have started to mix up well. Finally, they came up with the decision that we will not be moving out of town and will continue to reside at our own place.

Nisha danced in joy when I told her I wasn't leaving and she dragged me to DELI to celebrate.

"Tell me what do you want. It's on me.", she said.
"Then I want the whole shop.", I kidded.
"Yeah yeah just grab something."
We grabbed a packet of cheetos and two cans of soft drink and left.