2. 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

Inara realized that she was the center of everyone's attention right now. She had to speak up. She gathered her courage to break her silence. It took her a lot of strength to speak loudly enough without shaking voice, to reply.

"Sir! Amroze Meher is a 24 years old female presented to the emergency last night with abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. She is a case of appendicitis" Inara had to speak and she just said whatever came into her mind at that time. These were the only points she remembered from the history told by the kind HO.

Dr. Suleman shook his head and pressed his lips into a thin line. He knew what was coming next. This stupid Final year student couldn't even retain a few important points from his session with her.

"So she has appendicitis" Dr. Zulaid stated. Inara couldn't understand, he was asking her or just telling her the right diagnosis.

"Yes Sir!" She nodded.

"And how did you make this diagnosis?" He asked her giving his full attention to her. His hands were joined at his back. The sthoscope was hanging on his shoulders and he was staring at her.

What's the stethoscope for? Surgeons don't need steth!!!. She thought, found his stethoscope nice.

"Sir! Sir.. because she is having abdominal pain" She was now super nervous. Wasn't she right? Her heart was pounding with anxiety.

"What kind of pain is it? Care to explain the location, onset and duration of her pain" He instructed her.

"Dull pain. Located in the right illiac fossa. Ss.tarted last night" She said with difficulty.

"So just because she is having abdominal pain you are thinking of it as appendicitis?" He was asking sarcastically but his voice was devoid of humor. His face was dead straight.

"No Sir!" She instantly shook her head.

"Then?" He waited for her answer but she kept her silence.

"Zalim admi. Ate hi bachoon ki besti kardi" A female HO, standing far from him, murmured to her best friend.

(Such a quarrel man. It's her first day and he is scolding her)

"Ssssshhh..." The best friend glared at her. She didn't want to be his next target.

"Did you take her history?" This time Dr. Zulaid asked Inara a simple question, he already knew the answer though.

"Yes Sir!" She took no second to lie. Saying that she didn't, was more difficult for her.

"What are the points in history that are leading to this diagnosis of yours?" He again asked a question related to clinical knowledge.

"She had vomiting" She stated.

"Okay. What else?" He kept on asking.

"Hmm..she.." She couldn't say anything further. Her nervousness had blinded her brain completely. She even forgot the chapter related to appendicitis she once studied last year. She was standing, blank in front of him.

"Abdominal pain and vomiting are common presentation of many diseases. Name a few of them!" He was disappointed. His facial expressions were enough to show it.

"Sir..gall stones" She was relieved after saying. Yes, gall stones do have similar presentation. She mentally appreciated herself for answering rightly.

Cha gai Inara. She was happy for herself.

"Did you just say gall stones? Are you a layman? Is this how you explain your patients condition. Dr. Inara you are a medical student. Behave like one. What is the medical term for gall stones?" His tone was getting harsh.