10. 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

Eid Mubarak✨❤️

Sometimes things happen that we never imagine happening. It happened with Inara many times but this particular situation was very shocking.

"Mama! What are you saying?" Inara muttered. She was shocked, couldn't believe her ears.

"Farsi thori boli hy" Farida slapped her head.

(I didn't speak Farsi)

"Mama!"

"I am saying, Azwa's parents asked for your hand in marriage with their son" Farida politely explained it to her again.

"Azwa's brother?" Inara asked, clearly remembering the guy. The nice guy.

"Yes, her brother. His name is Ramish. We already know about his family through Zulaid. They are nice people. Ramish works at a Telecom company. He is a nice man. Your father and I like him. What do you say?" Farida told her happily.

"I don't know" She remembered the guy from the engagement. Zulaid's family had gone to Azwa's for a simple ring ceremony. Inara met Ramish for the first time. Inara remembered their conversation.

"Why did they ask for my hand when Zoi bhai and Azwa are going to get married?" She inquired.

"Because they want to do both weddings together" Farida explained.

"Why did they ask for me Mama?" She wasn't expecting it at all. They were just Azwa's family for her. She never thought they would think about her in such a way.

"Of course because they liked you beta. Zulaid was saying Ramish is himself interested in this proposal" Farida smiled at her innocence.

He likes me. Inara saw her silently.

"Take your time beta. Think about it. There is no hurry. We will also decide after making ourselves sure that he is the right one for you. No need to overthink!" Farida patted her cheek.

In the night, Inara opened the pictures of Zulaid's engagement that Hamad shared in the group. Her eyes were fixed at a man sitting next to Zulaid in a picture. He was smiling. It felt like he was staring at her through the picture.

He is handsome.

He is sweet.

He likes me.

Pagal ny kia dekh lia mujh main. Inara smiled to herself, hiding her face in the pillow.

(What did he see in me)

Inara's family took their time to decide and gave a positive response to Azwa's family after a week. It was decided that both weddings would take place after two months. Both families started preparing for the wedding.

Inara was feeling sad these days. She was praying to have a blissful life. She was becoming soft with each passing day. Tears would come in her eyes just on the thought of leaving her parents and this beautiful family. Maybe everyone goes through such emotions at this stage of life.

She was lost in her thoughts when she heard footsteps near her.

"Azwa! I think the patient isn't giving the correct history. I have to discuss this case with Dr. Rehman" He was talking to Dr. Azwa.

"Okay! Send me the reports. I will have a look. Okay. Allah Hafiz!" He turned the phone down and saw Inara sitting on the steps in the backyard.

"What are you doing here?" He walked near her.

"Football khel rahi hoon" She muttered.

(Playing football)

"Badtameez" He said.