♡CHAPTER 18 {Bridging the Distance}♡

Chapter 18: Angry bird carried home.

NOOR'S POV:

Noor felt a strange mix of relief and confusion as two days slipped by without Haidar's presence. His absence was both a blessing and a torment. She hadn't shifted to his room, finding solace in the familiarity of her own space despite the unease that lingered in every corner. The days passed in a blur of routine.

Noor busied herself with household tasks, trying to drown out the unanswered questions that swirled in her mind. Why had Haidar been so distant since their nikah? Was this how their marriage would be, a mere formality without any real connection?

As the clock ticked relentlessly, Noor's mind became a battleground of conflicting emotions. She couldn't deny the relief of not having to face Haidar's intense scrutiny every day, yet beneath that relief lurked a growing sense of emptiness.She found herself replaying moments from their brief time together after the nikah.

The way his eyes softened when he looked at her during the ceremony. Those moments felt like fragile dreams now, slipping away as reality settled in.

.....................

HAIDAR'S POV:

Two days had passed since their nikah, and Haidar was consumed by his work, unable to return home. His days were filled with back-to-back meetings, urgent business deals, and constant phone calls. Though he knew he should be home, the demands of his empire left him no choice.

But now, as he drove through the quiet streets towards his mansion late at night, he felt a mixture of anticipation and irritation.Entering the house, he walked with purposeful strides towards his room. He expected to find Noor there, perhaps asleep or waiting for him. But as he opened the door, he was greeted by an eerie silence.

The room was untouched, showing no sign of her presence. His irritation flared into anger. Why was she still staying in the quarters? Hadn't their nikah meant anything to her?

Haidar went to Noor's room to check on her, but she wasn't there. A wave of frustration washed over him. Where could she be? He quickly moved to the kitchen, hoping to find her there, but again, she was nowhere to be found. His mind raced with possibilities, and a surge of panic struck him. Did she try to escape?

His thoughts were a whirlwind of emotions as he paced, searching for any sign of her. It was in that tumultuous.
Just as his thoughts started spiraling, he heard a faint rustle from the garden. He strode towards the sound, his heartbeat quickening with each step. As he entered the garden, he saw Noor sitting on a swing, her eyes fixed on the moon. Her profile against the moonlight was hauntingly beautiful, yet her expression was distant and filled with sorrow.

Haidar approached quietly, but she sensed his presence and turned to look at him. Her eyes, which had been soft with contemplation, now hardened with anger. She immediately averted her gaze, refusing to acknowledge him.

He hesitated, unsure how to start, but the silence between them was heavy.

He stopped a few steps away, giving her space but not backing down. "Noor," he spoke softly, his voice carrying a blend of regret and determination. "I know you're upset, and you have every right to be. But please, let's talk."

Noor's gaze hardened, and she looked away, her jaw set in determination. "I don't want to talk to you," she replied, her voice strained with emotion.

Haidar felt a pang of guilt and sadness at her words, but he couldn't give up. Stepping closer, he spoke again, his voice filled with sincerity. "I understand. I know I've put you in a difficult situation, and I'm truly sorry for that. But please, hear me out."