Chapter 38: Help

Blaze's POV:

I walked around the halls, looking for Cassie. I hadn't seen her since yesterday, and I haven't received any text messages from her either. I had asked the others, but they all said they hadn't seen her. A sick feeling entered my stomach.

Is she okay?

"Still haven't found her?" Lilia asked, catching up to walk beside me.

"No." I sighed.

"Let's go to the office maybe? They can help." Lilia said.

I nodded and walked into the office, looking distressed.

"Hello sweetie, how can I help?" The office lady asked kindly.

"My friend Cassie, none of my friends have seen her since yesterday. Do you think you could help me find her? We've checked everywhere." Lilia murmured.

"Oh, of course! What's her full name?" The lady asked, turning to face her laptop, fingers placed on the letter keys.

"Cassiopeia Evans." I said nervously, as the office lady began typing away at her computer.

There was a frown on her face and she turned to us, shaking her head. I sighed in defeat and my head sank.

"I can check the CCTV footage, what time was the last time you saw her?" The lady asked, frowning slightly.

"Around 6pm yesterday." I sighed.

"Okay..." The lady muttered.

She waved her hand, indicating that we could come in. I walked into the office and looked at the terrible CCTV camera.

Why can't they can't be the same quality as the ones in movies?

"Wait, isn't that her?" Lilia piped up, pointing to a figure on the screen.

I squinted at it, and it looked like her. The figure had the same tote bag and hair style Cassie had that day.

"Yeah, maybe." I breathed.

We sped up the footage until another figure came in. The figure, probably a boy, walked in with a group of people around him. He yanked Cassie towards him and she tried to writhe herself out of his grasp. She kicked him hard in the shin and his grip loosened a bit. The other boys walked up and pinned Cassie to the wall, but somebody bowled into view and kicked the guys away. The boys diverted their attention to the anonymous figure and walked towards him. One boy stayed behind and fixed his gaze on Cassie, who was catching her breath. The boy clamped something to Cassie's mouth, and she thrashed around, hitting the boy in several places, but eventually fell limp. The figure shook his arm, looking at the large mark Cassie left behind. He scowled and dragged Cassie across the floor, throwing her into the janitor's closet and slamming the door shut behind him.

Lilia watched the footage in horror and my jaw dropped to the floor.

"She's in the janitor's closet..." Lilia murmured.

"Oh god, she's been in there for 9 hours with no food." I winced.

"Let's go, now." Lilia demanded with a look of fury on her face.

"Thank you so much for helping us." I thanked the lady, who smiled at me warmly.

Lilia and I practically bolted out of the office, running to the closet, where the janitor stood, about to open the door,

"Wait!" Lilia cried out, and the janitor looked at us with confusion.

"O-Our fr-friend is in there. S-Somebody t-trapped h-her in." I wheezed.