Chapter 14: Fireball

Edited ☑️

gif of Brandon because he's cute :D

"Pretty lights I can't stop staring, oh would you look at that my eyes are burning."

I roll my eyes at Brandon, smiling slightly at his words as we walk down the street.

Since it's close to Christmas, our city closes down one of the streets downtown and puts Christmas lights up, this is my first time going since I was six and I feel bubbly as I look at the colorful trees.

"You're weird, Brandon." I claim, coming back to the present and choosing to insult my friend.

"And you're a meany." He also claims, mock-offended as he holds a hand over his head and scoffs. "I'm going to do cool things without you, meany."

He skips down the street as he leaves the three of us alone, being his weird but lovable self.

"Boys can skip?" I ask, tilting my head to the side as I watch him.

When no one answers me, I look over at Carter and Tyler before realizing that Tyler has a jealous expression on his face.

"He can." Tyler answers with clenched teeth, obviously having some issue with Brandon skipping.

I step away from them, not wanting to be in the fire zone.

"Okay, I'm just gonna go over here."

"Not so fast." Tyler huffs as he grabs me and lifts me into the air, making me squeal and kick my feet.

I laugh as he continues to lift me, and moves me into a bridal position.

"Why are you carrying me?" I decide to ask, wrapping my arms around his neck as I speak so I don't fall.

"So you don't leave."

"That's kidnapping."

"Pfft, don't make me show you kidnapping." Tyler playfully growls, making my roll my eyes.

I turn back towards the trees too fast and suddenly my neck is on fire, causing me to wince at the pain of the tattoo.

"Hey, you good?" Tyler asks, putting me down and raising his eyebrows.

"Tattoo." I say, not wanting to explain how much it hurts, surprised it still hurts after five days.

"Oh yeah it's gonna do that."

"No shit."

Tyler frowns playfully and hits me slightly in the shoulder to which I hit back.

We continue to hit each other as we walk down the street and the other boys laugh at us.

"Stop-."

"-No you stop you little-."

"Emma?"

We both freeze at my name being called and I drop my hands, turning towards the source of the voice.