56. You keep me alive

" I am freezing! " I groaned. My nerves felt like frozen rivers. Who keeps a wedding in December! I walked in taking tentative steps. Fort's arms were snaked around ny waist as I leaned into him.

He kept his warm arms around me melting the icy chills in my body. Even though I have him now I can't help bit get those heart skips a beat moment.

"I'll always keep you warm baby" He muttered

I snuggled into his arms to feel the essence of his warm fabric. Everything felt perfect around him. Mom had gone for an emergency opertaion to the hospital. I felt a bit sad not being able to celebrate New year with mom. But duty came first.

" What's the time? "

" 11:20 pm" He replied hugging me tighter.

"Mmmph" I mumbled burying my face in his jacket

" Come on lets go and get you warm" He picked me up bridal style and twirled me once making my laugh as I flung my arms around his neck.

He carried me upstairs trying to pretend I was really heavy when I knew for him I was as light as Feather.

" You girl are really really heavy. Picking you up will break my bones!" He remarked laying me on the bed

" But you still like to pick me up don't you?" I Asked

He kept his hands beside my head and hovered over me. He bought his lips to mine leaving a tender kiss .

" I'd pick you up whenever you fall"

I smiled at his words. I knew he would.He had unravelled the storm he created in my life and soothed me with a gentle breeze. His love was infinte and mine was irrevocable and I loved every inch of this new journey he was taking me through

He lay down beside me and pulled up the cover till our neck.

" How much time till the new year? " I asked

" 10 minutes babes"

" Will you kiss me like the romatinc movies when the clock strikes 12?"

" You want me too?"

I nodded slowly crawling closer to him.

" You are so cute sometimes" He muttered running his hand down my hair

" I wish Dad was here.." I slowly said. He used to get me presents every New Year. That was one night when my parents tried their best to be home no matter what"

" I am sorry...I wish I never messed up your life.." He apologized. I knew he felt guilty. I made him feel guilty but I had moved on and I wanted him to do so too.

" If you hadnt messed up my life you would never have been in it" I replied tapping his nose with my index finger.

He grabbed my hand as I was withdrawing it. He place d a kiss on my finger tip sending a desiring chill through me.

" I have-

The bell rang. I frowned as I checked the clock.11:53.

" I wonder who it is?"

" Your mom." Fort declared getting up. My eyes widened in excitement.

" She's home!"

I rushed downstairs Fort tagging along behind me. I sometimes wondered why my mother never suspected why Fort literally stayed in my house. Well good as long as she doesnt.

" Mom!" I leaped to hug her.

" Aah! I Would never miss New year with my family" She hugged me tightly as she removed her coat. She affectionately ruffled Forts's hair. I could see he was trying his best not to be annoyed by it. He hated people touching his hair. Even me.