Chapter 5!- Forgive and Forget

I quickly walked down the halls rushing to get to my locker before a boy blocks my way. I felt like deja-vu was repeating itself all over again and I did not like it. I hated the way the guys would stare at me like I was a prize and whoever got me won. I’m not a prize, I’m a girl who isn’t looking for anything. I rushed to English before the bell rang. Oh joy, Luke is in this class! I hesitated on where I should sit since I would always sit next to Luke and now that spot is taken by a different girl. On the corner of my eye I saw Kevin wave to me and there was an empty seat right next to him. I made my way over to the empty seat and asked Kevin “Is this seat taken?”

“Nope be my guest.” He replied gesturing toward the seat for me to sit. I gave him a smile and mouthed Thanks. He leaned closer to me and whispered in my ear

“What’s up with you and Luke.” He demanded as he tilted his head to the side showing me to look at Luke. I turned around from my seat and Luke had his eyes pierced on me and his fists clenched. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked away from him to Kevin.

“ We had a fight.” I complained as I looked down at my notebook scribbling away.

“Understood that but why does he look like he wants to kill me.” Kevin whispered. His face was 3 inches away from mine and even though I like Luke, I’m still a raging hormonal teenager.

“That I have no clue.” I gulped and Kevin might’ve just noticed how close we were cause he blushed and backed away.

“Sorry.” He mumbled as opened his notebook and started to taking notes on what the teacher said. I faded out the teachers sound and just looked at my notebook, doodling random shapes.

“Kleah! Kleah!” The teacher yelled trying to get my attention.

“Huh? Sorry.” I groaned looking at Mrs.Richiardson

“Since you think my class is art class. You wouldn’t mind explaining the romantic theme of Romeo and Juliet.” Mrs.Richiardson asked looking at me with her beady eyes. Great, romance! Like I have any experience in that subject but luckily I was forced to read Romeo and Juliet last summer!

“I wouldn’t mind,” I said smiling. Great now to lie about how love is so amazing and how everygirl finds it. Apparently Shakespear has never met reality. I just had to smile and lie through my teeth,i do it everyday.“Romeo and Juliet is the most famous love story in the English literary tradition. Love is naturally the play’s dominant and most important theme. The play focuses on romantic love, specifically the intense passion that springs up at first sight between Romeo and Juliet. In Romeo and Juliet, love is a violent, ecstatic, overpowering force that supersedes all other values, loyalties, and emotions.”  Mrs.Richiardson was stuck with her mouth open and when she finally regained herself she smiled.

“Excellent.” She said and continued on with the lesson.

“Wow.” Kevin whispered. “How the hell do you know that.”

“Well I read Romeo and Juliet more than once. By the 5th time you get the hang of it.” I told him laughing. Kevin shook his head.
“You really are something.” He mumbled and continued on taking notes. By the time the bell rang I hadn’t even written one important thing down since I was too busy thinking about Luke. I needed those notes for the text on Tuesday so I’ll just ask Kevin for them later. I made my way down the hall heading for the next class when someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into the music class. I didn’t have enough time to see who it was but when we reached the music class I saw exactly who it is. He pulled us inside and locked the door.

“What are you doing with Kevin?” He ordered while crossing his arms over his chest and furrowing his eyebrows.

“What’s it to you?” I asked while I sat on top of the piano placing my backpack next to me. He shook his head and gave out a loud sigh.

“Kleah! I’m serious.” He cried while leaning against the door.

“Nothing Luke! Me and Kevin are just going to the movies on Friday ok!” Luke flinched at first but later looked down at the floor.

“ A date?” He asked. I shook my head and for a second I thought Luke light up.

“No, just as friends cause you know I need one right now.” I complained while I grabbed my book-bag and headed for the door. All a sudden Luke grabbed my wrist and spun me around my eyes meeting his.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered while he came even closer to me. I catched and my breath and backed away.

  “No, your not Luke. If you were you wouldn’t keep making out with girls in front of me. If you were you wouldn’t be so happy and joyful while I’m dying inside. If you were sorry that girl sitting next to you in English should’ve been me. But your not so don’t act like you are. I care about this friendship, but it looks like you didn’t or never have.” I said while I opened the door and ran out. I found the closest girl’s bathroom there was and ran in a stall crying my eyes out.

LUKES POV……

  “No, your not Luke. If you were you wouldn’t keep making out with girls in front of me. If you were you wouldn’t be so happy and joyful while I’m dying inside. If you were sorry that girl sitting next to you in English should’ve been me. But your not so don’t act like you are. I care about this friendship, but it looks like you didn’t or never have.” She said as she ran away. As she ran off the I punched the wall with all my anger leaving a mark and then sat down trying to catch my breath. I was never happy that out friendship was over, I was just trying to get past the pain. Friendship, that’s all it was ever going to be, mine and Kleah’s relationship. That girl in English didn’t mean anything, I tried to get her to go away but she was just stubborn as hell and didn’t listen. I was the one who was supposed to get pissed Kevin’s face was like 2 inches away from hers, my point of view WAY TO CLOSE! If they were just friends then they should keep their distance, far, far away. After calming down a while I went out to the hall finally deciding to make my way to class. Half through, I heard weeping coming from the girls bathroom. Very familiar weeping. Kleah! I ran in the bathroom and kicked open every stall till I found her curled up in the corner of one crying. Her head shot right back up and she wiped her tears away.

“Luke are you crazy!” She yelled.

“What? I did this before. Deja-vu!” I replied “Why are you crying?” She stood right back up and straightened her herself, wiping the remaining tears away.

“Oh, nothing. There was something in my eye, really, really deep down inside you know where you can’t reach it.” She lied. Wow, was she always a bad liar. In 9th grade she glued our Spanish teacher to her chair for April’s Fools Day. When the teacher asked who did it laughing (she was one of the cool teachers and thought the joke was hysterical) Kleah blamed it on me all the while laughing like crazy so the teacher knew it was her. Thank god though she didn’t get in trouble.

“You were always a bad liar.” I chuckled.

“I’m not lying! It was like something big and wooden.” I started laughing hysterically just by seeing her face. Kleah then started cracking up and slapped me.

“What was that for!” I screamed.

“Don’t make me laugh! I’m still mad at you.” She begged with a pouty face. Wow, did this feel like 8th grade all over again! 

******************************************************************

Hey not gonna upload for a while srry! relle busy!!!  comments and votes highly appreciated