Terms

Araina (Ah-RAY-nuh): The name Dragons give for the human world

Attribute: A subcategory of magic types, for example: Crystal magic is an Attribute of Earth Type. There are three Attributes for each type.

Captain: The leader of the dragon army. Known to keep the safety of Sciana and trains dragons to become part of the guard.

Cleric: The name for the heir to the throne of the Oracle.

The Crown: The collective term for the four dragons that rule over Sciana.

Crownies: The nickname given by the students of Eternal Academy for Luc, Talia, Kallan and Scarlett.

Damskalen: Vistra for 'idiot'

Diplomat: The name for the heir to the throne of the Peacekeeper.

The Eternal Flame: The god that protects all dragons.

glupyy: Russian for 'stupid'

Je t'aime, ma minette: French for "I love you, my kitten."

King: The keeper of laws and the judge of the convicted. The unofficial head of The Crown and known to have a pure heart.

Knight: The name for the heir to the throne of the Captain.

ma chatte: French for 'my cat'

mon coeur: French for 'my heart'

Oracle: The healer of Scianites. They receive prophecies and omens and are known for their wisdom and knowledge.

Peacekeeper: The keeper of peace among the denizens of Sciana. Known also for allowing music and literature to be published.

Prince: The name for the heir of the King's throne

Ren flavia: Vistra for 'chosen flame'. Xiao uses this name to refer to Scarlett out of respect.

Scale Child(ren): The term used by Scianites for a half-dragon hybrid.

Sciana (sky-ANN-ah): Home of the dragons. A small island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean guarded by magic preventing humans from entering or seeing.

Soul Gem: A gland on a dragon's body that is charged with mental energy, allowing them to switch between a human and dragon form. With Scale Children, they can also shift between their half forms.

Tu es ma flamme de passion: French for "You are my flame of passion."

Tu es parfait: French for "You are perfect."

Type: A main category of magic. There are eight types as follows: Flames, Sky, Earth, Water, Life, Body, Mind and Darkness.

Urte Bourt: Vistra for 'massive pervert'

Vistra: The traditional dragon language

Ya sho calreni ta: Vistra for 'You insolent fool'

Zhēn diūliǎn: Chinese for "Shame on you"