Chapter 27: Darkness and Mind

As we walked into the school, the tension between Luc and I seemed to lift a little bit. Luc walked me to the auditorium, like he had said he would. The silence between the two of us didn't lift, though. The one conversation we did have went like this:

Me: "So, do you want me to take back that Zac Efron pillow from Madoc?"

Luc: "Oh, uh, yeah. If you feel like it go right ahead."

Me: "That's good to know."

Luc: "Sure."

Perfect example of how to have a normal conversation after an awkward occurrence, am I right? I walked into the auditorium and looked around. Madoc wasn't there yet. Figures. Just me myself and I once again. I sighed and walked onto the stage since there wasn't anything better to do. I sat on the edge of the stage and started thinking about Tracy. For some reason, I remembered something that she had told me a while ago.

"You know..." She had told me, "You have a big sister. Well, a foster sister. She was my child."

I, even at the young and tender age of seven years old, knew something was going on. She told me that the whole reason she had adopted me in the first place was because she couldn't have kids of her own. I pointed this out to her.

"Well, I couldn't have any more kids after I had her." Tracy had told me.

I had sensed something suspicious, but I told her to keep going on anyways.

"Her name's Bailey." She started. "Bailey Abigail Kingson. She's about four years older than you are. She got sent to Eternal Academy two years ago, and she still sends me letters, but I haven't seen Bailey in person for quite some time now." She sighed and looked at me. "She's really happy-go-lucky, and she loves to play the bass. Do you want to see a picture?"

I nodded. Tracy walked over to her desk and pulled out a photograph from a drawer. I saw a girl that looked like a smaller version of Tracy. She had frizzy red hair, but it was bright red like mine. Her eyes were just as green as Tracy's, though.