Author's Note

I would like to thank the following people for being my inspiration for my beloved characters: Nathan Ratering, Dylan Wells, Katie Machado, Megan Halvorson, Katie Clyburn, Brenna Richard and Genesis Gonzales. You have all been super supportive and have given me so much inspiration. Your friendship means a lot to me.

I also want to thank TheWarriorCatQueen for being a loyal fan of mine ever since I started writing Team Animalia. She's been super supportive and has been great to get to know over Wattpad.

With everyone's help, I have now been able to write a sequel to this book, Royal Storm, which is currently now available to read on Wattpad. I would like to take this time to share a little trivia about this book.

1) This book is the evolved form of an idea I had earlier called M.A.G.I.C. The concept would have been a lot similar, but with 5 main characters instead of 8 and mythical creatures instead of dragons.

2) This is the first fantasy novel I have ever finished.

3) Scarlett was originally going to be a very prissy, stuck up rich girl that would change over time, but I scrapped that idea. I couldn't connect with her as well so I started to make her more like me.

4) Talia was originally going to act a lot more like Kallan does, and was originally going to look more like her as well.

5) Kallan would have been shy and quiet, but that character eventually morphed into Hazu.

6) Most of the character's backstories are fairly similar to the stories of the people who I modeled them off of for inspiration

7) I personally looked up the meanings of everyone's names so they would fit their personalities.
Scarlett Kaida—Red Little Dragon
Kallan Wells—Warrior of the Streams
Metalia Stalin—Metalia from "Metal' and Stalin meaning "man of steel"
Lucian D'Ange—Light of the Angel
Ōmori Hazuki—The Great Forest's Natural Moon
Gao Jian—To build strength
Adrian Skalanias—Adrian meaning "The Dark one" and Skalanias being an anagram of "Kalissana"
Madia Ochoa: bitter wolf

8) This is the first book I am actively trying to publish

So there you have it. When you have the free time please check out Royal Storm, which is out now! Also, there is a Q and A book for the characters of Burning Hope, so feel free to look at it.

Signing Off, Kiera Savage