His Warm Heart - VolgaxReader

You were living in a peaceful town... Hyrule Castle Town. Lots of soliders and guardians are working there to protect princess Zelda and of course people. You're actually one of them... well, kind of. You're a healer. You were mostly using magic to heal those in need and that means that You can also transport them really quickly. But... You can't use magic on yourself.

One day, though no one saw that coming... A war broke. It was also Your first day on battle field... and it wasn't easy. Running to everyone and avoiding monsters was really hard. Princess sent You a request to go to a cave that was hidden somewhere near with her and her soliders, but... she didn't say anything WHEN You should do that. Actually, she disappeard after sending that. "Y/N, You have to go to a cavern where a dragon lives. You have to go here firts, by yourself and don't worry. You'll be fine, the rest of the soliders know what to do, so go there and find the dragon. I know that You won't do anything stupid, just observe him. If another magician will show up, You have to tell us everything about them. I believe in You, Y/N. - Zelda". Heck if You knew why do YOU have to do this, but... it's princess's command. Once they said that the "dragon guy" fleed, Impa, the leader, said:

- Well, I think it's Your time. Go this way. - she pointed on a little road. - You know what to do. Go inside and search for him.

You nodded and started walking.

Even the first step was terrifying. The cave was almost fully dark. Only some torches were lightened up. You went closer to the nearest torch and heard a little squeek coming from behind Your feets. You turned around and saw a little, young dragon. You automatically had to pick it up and hug it. It looked so cute, but... You were sure You heard some footsteps that echoed once. You turned around and saw... a guy in red armor, in a silver mask that looked like... "Volvagia". The legendary dragon that lived here long time ago.

You couldn't see his face, this mask had... something black on eyes. No one knows how does it work and how can he see anything in that thing, but well... He had his hand raised up, holding a spear. You felt that Your heart stopped for a second. There's no way to run, You felt as if You're going to faint before he'll even stab You with this... but... he didn't do anything. He was just standing here, like a stone. His hand shaked a little bit and then, he lowered the weapon and said:

- What are You doing here? Humans are NOT allowed to come into my cave. And... ugh... could You just let the dragon go and leave?

- I-I-I... uhm... - You didn't know what to say. You felt paralyzed and couldn't move or speak. - I... I'm s-sorry... I... I can't leave... I-it's my- - he cut You off.

- If You won't leave, I'll have to kick You out and if You'll come back, I'll kill You. Just lea- - the man stopped. He turned around and picked You up for some reason. You blushed hardly.

- We have to get somewhere else. I'm not going to wait for You... she's coming. - he said and quickly ran behind some stone, away from the exit. He put You down and let You peek a little bit to see what's happening. There was a witch in black and... stingy clothing, also wearing mask and some weird creature in some purple cloth, wrapped with golden accesories such as necklases. It had only one, red eye. You couldn't hear what are they talking about. They vanished between some other stones. After them, there was a huge horde of monsters. Some of them (the biggest ones) stayed near exit, just like they want to keep every single living from there inside... There were also lots of small ones that You could just kinda kick, but they've got some maces in their hands that looked dangerous...

- *sigh* You've got the best timing in the world... just before them... but well, You didn't got killed. I think You have to go after me... just... don't get lost, alright? And don't let this little dragon get out of Your hands. I can't let him die.

You started walking after him, wondering if You can ask about this little dragon... You've gathered all Your courage and shyly asked:

- U-um... Excuse me, but... can You tell me m-more about this c-cute dragon? - The man 'looked' at You.

- Why do You even ask? It's not Your interest, but.. ugh...... ...if You really want t-to know about it... it's... kind of my brother. I just found his egg and... found myself taking care of it.

- That's... cute. I-I mean... Y-You decided yourself a-and... A-actually, Your armor is r-really similar to his skin...

- Yeah. That's why I call him "brother". I think his egg may've been here for a while... I have no idea who could left it here.

- A-ah... and... w-who is this witch?

- It's a black sorceress. She's the worst person I've ever met. This human fills me with... disgust. She tried to get me to work for her, but I've escaped.

- Huuh... and...

- The guy next to her is an evil wizard. I know what is he planning... He's just a traitor.

- O-oh... T-that kinda explains why were You planning on attacking me...

- Trust me, I thought that You're one of them, but... when I saw You holding and petting him...

- I... Is there any way I could help You? I'm not good at fighting, but... But I can heal You! If there's anyone who-

- No.

- Wh-...Why?

- I don't want You here. You're not supposed to be in this place.

- B-but I just-

- No! Try to understand me... The best way would be if You would take this little dragon out of here. I know You're one of the Hyrule soliders. I'm not standing on any side, I just want to protect him.

- ...I... I understand that... I'll take care of him.

- We're getting closer to the exit, but... ugh... There's no way to get through here walking... The lava won't let us go this way and if I'll get to crush these giant stone it'll make too much noise... Get a little bit further from me.

You nodded and stepped away from him... You felt a strong wind and closed Your eyes for a moment. When You looked at him again... there was only a huge dragon standing here.

- Get on my back. I'll take You to the other side.

You stepped closer to him and got on his back. There wasn't too much place to fly and You weren't flying too long. After transforming back, he looked a little bit tired.

- A-are You okay? - You asked.

- Yeah... it's just that... I can't stay as a dragon too long, but I'm fine. Let's get going while we still can.

You again followed him. He was talking about the times with the little dragon and You were talking about Your family. It was actually pretty nice conversation... Until You reached the exit.

- We actually avoided getting into anyone's way... - he said. - It's time for You to go. And... ugh... Could You NOT feed him with vegetables? He's going to puke... Please, take a good care of him.

- I will... A-and... there's something I want to ask You about... A-actually, two questions... C-Can You tell me Your name? And... Will we ever meet?

- My name's Volga. - he said and petted You. - I'm sure we'll meet again. After the war, just come here.

- C...Could You...P-promise me... That You'll come back? T-that... You won't die?

- I promise.

- ... Thank You. - You said. You hugged him gently. He looked suprised, but hugged back. After that, he walked away, just like if he's ready to fight. You smiled and turned to exit with hope that he'll be alright... You got out of there and returned to Hyrule Castle.

- AFTER THE WAR -

You sat on a stone with a little dragon sleeping on Your knees. You smiled, as You saw Volga coming out of there. He greeted and petted You. You blushed and hugged him.

- So... A-are we going like... on a date? - You tried to make a little joke to see him blush and... that worked. He blushed and said:

- W-well... - he scratched his cheek. - If You're calling it like that...

Both of You walked away to have that... "Date".