19.

The Moorville Manor looked daunting against the tenebrous sky and the lackluster moon. It was bathed in darkness, shadows, blood and aching for more. Ethel, in her lavender party dress stood in the middle of the parlor 
surrounded by bodies. She was admiring her handy work of 100 dead, unsuspecting friends and family, littering the floor downstairs. She was amazed at what just a little cyanide could do even though she had used it before. But that was only one person at a time. 

So many bodies in the room most of them were piled on top of one another, even reaching out to the corners. Ethel walked slowly from one room to the next surveying what she had done. She even twirled and smiled until she reached the library. She stood in the middle of the room for it was the only part that was lit, her mother at her feet outstretched on the floor with her glass fallen inches away. Her three sisters and brother were only a few feet away. The corners of the room were dark, so dark she didn’t notice. 

“You see! I told you” said the figure in the far left corner. “Liberating isn’t it”. 
“Yes, yes it is. You were right.” Ethel said, looking at her mother. “What should I do now?” 
“Come with me and I’ll show you.” She followed the shadow through the hallway, into the kitchen and on to the back patio. 
“Over there!” said the shadow. Ethel looked up to see a noose hanging from the ceiling in the gazebo with a chair sitting under it. 
“One last kill and you’ll be done, Ethel” 

Ethel looked up to see the yard empty but she could feel eyes watching her from every angle. Waiting, watching with anticipation. There was never any mention of her killing herself. She continued to look around. There was nothing but the gazebo and a beautiful garden to the right of the patio. But she could feel people, it felt crowded. But how could it feel crowded in an 
empty space. She had only buried 20 people back here. Test subjects throughout the three years she and her family lived there. A drifter here, the 
help disappearing there. She only did it because of the whispering. They told her to do it. The girl said it would make her feel good. And it did. Could they be the eyes she felt on her? 

If so who are the others? She stood there trying to see them as they watched her. 
“No!” Ethel exclaimed. “I will not kill myself. 
The air grew still and everything became silent. They all stood there in silence and fear began to seep in. 
“Are you sure?” said the little girl behind her. 
“Yes.” replied Ethel. 
“Shame, its better when you do it voluntarily, but either way", the little girl stopped for a second, "You’ll still be with us forever.", she whispered. 

"Take her!", she yelled. 
Before she could make sense of anything something was on her, surrounding her, engulfing her and soon dragging her towards her fate. Now she could see them. Faces, so many faces. Some she put there but others a mystery. 

Who were they? She struggled but there was nothing to grab, she felt like she was suffocating. Being squeezed by them as they hauled her to the pagoda steps and stood her on the chair. Ethel couldn't move as they slipped the noose over her head and tightened it around her neck. Her body was trembling but nothing could be done. 

She took one last glimpse of the house and to her surprise she could see figures in the windows. But not just downstairs where her guests were. Then Ethel began to swing, her feet searching for the chair but it was gone and so was she. And it was still crowded.