Enders (7)

Aiden was buzzing all day about the new mission Hank and Nay were giving us. However, when they finally got us all in the meeting room to tell us what it was, he immediately deflated.

"Are you kidding me?" Aiden whined, and Nay looked like she wanted to hit him. "After all these other cool missions we go on, you make us go look for another animal?"

Nay looked like she was going to ripped the picture of the dog she was holding up for us into pieces. I didn't blame her for being annoyed with Aiden; that was how I felt toward him every single day.

"If anyone shouldn't be complaining about this, it's you," I snapped, my arms crossed over my chest so I wouldn't try to slap him. "You're the one that can talk to animals. As soon as we find this thing, all you have to do is say something and then it'll come with us."

"That's if it's a trusting dog," Aiden countered, rolling his eyes at me. "Just because I tell it to come with us doesn't mean it necessarily will."

Hank shrugged. "One way to find out."

"I love dogs," Kristie giggled, and this immediately made Aiden's whole demeanor and attitude change. This wasn't unsurprising.

We made our way out of the DAU and toward the RV, which was already parked outside and ready to go wherever we were supposed to go. I just hoped this mission was short and easy because, even though I hated agreeing with him, Aiden was right. These missions were kind of boring, and I knew we could do better. But this was what training was all about, I guess.

"Hello, hello, hello!" RV called out as we all piled inside. "I always love to see the five of you!"

"Thanks, RV, I feel the love," Hank called out as he and Nay piled into the RV behind us, and RV gasped.

"I didn't know you two were coming along as well!" he defended, and it was still al little odd that someone was having a conversation with an RV. "You two are my favorite pair of stubborn lovers!"

I looked to Nay to see her response. Her left eye twitched.

"Excuse me?" she growled.

"Right behind Dex and Violet, of course," RV continued, and I nearly choked on my own saliva. Dex, meanwhile, looked like he couldn't have cared less. "I remember what happened in here all those months ago—"

I felt my face grow hot. "RV!"

"I can only imagine what's happened outside of here since then!"

This didn't make Nay any happier, but Hank turned to Dex and bro-fisted him as secretly as he possibly could. But no matter how hard he tried to hide it, Nay caught him and ended up punching him right in the arm at the exact moment I did the same to Dex.

"Ah, tough love," RV sighed.

"Shut up!" Nay and I shouted in unison.

The RV began to move, and I almost freaked out before I remembered that we didn't need anyone to drive it because RV could do it on his own. I wondered if I'd ever get used to that.

"We're taking you to the place the dog was last spotted," Nay told us after a few minutes of silence went by. "We're hoping you either find him or find clues to where he may be."

"Sounds simple enough," Anthony shrugged. "We found that cat the last time."

Yeah... But we'd also had found someone else, too.

"Alright, we've paired you up into teams," Hank informed us once the RV came to a stop. "Of course, that means one person is going to have to go out there alone..."