Enders (22)

Opening my eyes, I didn't recognize my surroundings at all. Yet I didn't immediately freak out or panic. I just slowly sat up, glancing around carefully.

"Finally, you're awake," a new voice suddenly spoke, snapping me out of my trance to turn and see Tom sitting in the chair beside me, Striker leaning against the counter behind him. "It's about time."

"Be nice, Jester," Striker scolded his nephew, his arms crossed over his chest as he smiled at me. "She's our guest."

"Jester?" I questioned the younger Wright, the judgement in my voice prominent.

"My Redrum name," he explained, side-eyeing a glare at his uncle. "Clearly I prefer going by my real name."

"Where am I?" I asked now, still feeling no panic, no fear, no... nothing.

Tom rolled his eyes at me, as if I was stupid. "Redrum headquarters. Obviously."

Normally, I would freak out. I'd demand they let me go, and fight for my freedom until I couldn't any longer. But now... I didn't care. I felt like I didn't care about anything.

"Do you think she needs another dose?" Striker asked his nephew, staring at me intently. "She's looking rather confused."

"We cant give her any more than what we were told," Tom denied, leaning forward to get a better look at me. "Only in the morning, or at night, with her food. Unless she refuses, then we can forcefully inject her."

I had no reaction to this statement. They were talking about drugging me, but I just sat there, flatly staring at them, as if it didn't even matter.

"So," Tom began, scooting his chair closer to my bed, "what do you remember?"

I thought this was a weird question. I opened my mouth to say this, but then realized that I couldn't remember almost anything. I remembered who I was, and the familiar faces in front of me. But anything more than that was a blank.

"I remember that your face pisses me off," I stated with no emotion crossing my face.

This seemed to surprise Tom, who couldn't help but smirk as he leaned back into his chair once he realized what I had said.

Striker was the one to speak now. "When I say the letters DAU," he began, and a sudden feeling of rage bubbled up within me, "how do you feel?"

Tom glanced down to see my fists clenched tightly around the thin blanket covering me. His smirk only grew as he asked, "And what if I said the word VAKAD?"

Suddenly, the light above us burst, sending shattered glass all around us. This snapped me right out of my furious state, bringing me back to reality.

Brushing shattered glass off of his shoulder, Tom concluded, "She doesn't need an extra dose. She's perfect."

At this point, in this state, I didn't know what was going on. I had no memory of anything other than my identity and the powers I had. I didn't even know why I was here, but I still wasn't freaking out. It was as if I couldn't feel any emotion other than anger.

Striker clapped his hand down on his nephew's shoulder. "We should make sure her room is ready. This old bed must be uncomfortable for her."

"Hold on." Tom ignored him, shrugging the older man's hand off of him as he leaned even closer to me. "I have one last question for her."

Growing bored of this conversation and realizing that this bed really was uncomfortable, I merely blinked. "What?"

"Who do you love?" he smirked, and the sudden question for some reason made me nearly forget how to breathe. "Who do you love, more than anybody in this whole world? Who do you love the most?"