Chapter 7

The hybrids turn to see where the voice was coming from. They see two women standing by the doors to the building, they were dressed in white lab coats and had goggles on their heads. One was a couple inches taller than the other. They both had semi long brown hair, one was a little curlier than the others’. The taller one had green eyes, and the shorter had hazel eyes. They looked remarkably similar, and the boys decided they were related, probably sisters.

“Who are you and how did you know my name?” Niall questioned the two ladies, not knowing which one talked.

“That would be me,” the shorter one spoke up, and walked toward Niall, her hand outstretched. “I’m Dr. Breem.”

“But how did you know my name Dr. Breem?” Niall asks again, shaking her hand.

“Let’s just say, I know a lot more about you than your name, hmm?” Niall was both confused and turned on at the same time. Only then did the boys realize the lady who spoke had an American accent.

“I’m Dr. Montz, her sister. We created you 20 years ago,” she said, a large smile across her lips.

“Whoa whoa whoa, I’m sorry. I did you just say . . . created?” Louis asks, flabbergasted.

“Yes Louis, we did.” Dr. Breem answered, with a smile just as big.

“Can we uh, take this inside perhaps?” Mr. Gibbons says, clearly worried someone from the park might sneak up on them at any second.

“Of course, follow me.” She then led everyone inside the building. As the doors closed, the boys lost their footing again. They could only assume that the building was descending back underground.

The building was just as huge on the inside as the outside. The walls, furniture, and the tile on the floor was white. It seemed as though everything in this building was white, much like a hospital. The room they entered felt a bit like a hotel lobby, with hallways running off from the sides of it in all kinds of directions.

Equipment and tables were scattered everywhere, and many scientists found themselves working in different areas. Some were out in the open running their own kinds of labs, and others were off in rooms surrounded by glass, working with machinery none of the boys have ever seen before. The craziest part was, this was only the first floor.

Dr. Breem and Dr. Montz led the boys to the lift on the right side of the room. Once, inside, Dr. Montz pressed the button marked with a 2 and waited for the lift to proceed to the second floor. Once it arrived at the destination, a bell chimed and the door opened up to a long white hallway lined with 5 doors, each a different room. The boys remained completely quiet and in awe taking in the enormity of the TASR building.

The two scientists led the boys down the long corridor until they stopped in front of a door with the name “The S - Meeting Room” on the window.

They are The S guys, it clicked in Harry’s mind, and he had to share with the other boys.

“Clever you are, Harold, but remember, we can hear your thoughts too,” Dr. Montz warned with a slight chuckle as she slid her key into the deadbolt on the office door. In opening the door, she revealed to The Hybrids and their 3 security guards the meeting room.

The room was quite large, with graphs and charts scattered all over the walls. There were 5 test tubes that could easily fit a child on the far left wall, all empty now. On the right side of the room, there were two operating tables and two desks for each of the scientists. The middle of the room was taken up by a huge computer system that could track anything you programmed into it. A table filled the farthest right corner of the room, on which many books, magazines, and newspapers were littered. The table had 7 empty chairs, 5 on the side directly in front of the group, and two on the adjacent table.