Chapter 8

The boys take the lift back down to the first floor. When they walk out, the guards are waiting by the entrance ready to bring the building back above the ground. The boys are each admiring their costumes, still taking in everything that has happened in the past 24 hours.

“So what next? The S didn’t really give us very specific instructions on how to find the Electro whatever,”  Louis asks after they exit the TASR building and start walking out of the woods.

“Electromagnetic Radiator,” Liam corrects him.

“Just call it the ER thats what I’m calling it.” Niall says, shrugging his shoulders.

“And like when are we going to have time to look for it? You know with like school and stuff,” Harry questions.

“Yeah, that’s what I was thinking,” Zayn adds.

“That’s what the weekends are for, duh,” Liam responds, shaking his head at the boys.

 “Yeah, and I feel like The S won’t leave us hanging. I’m sure they will let us know when it is time to start getting stuff done, yah know? Plus I got a date this weekend.” Niall offers confidently, nudging his elbow into Harry’s side.

“What? A date? With that brunette from the party the other day?” Harry questions.

“Yeah, I was with her at the wrestling match. We’re going to dinner.”

The boys mock Niall with “ooohs,” “ahhs,” kissy faces and googley eyes.

“Shut up, it’s nothing like that. She’s just hot.” Niall says, ending the boys’ attack.

The group make it to the edge of the woods, and by now the sun has set, and most park gowers have returned to their homes. They make their way towards to the Suburban, and all get in, sitting in same spots as they did on the drive to Liverpool. The ride home is much less tense, and the atmosphere is more relaxed, mostly because of the fact that the boys are no longer scared of the security guards. About ten minutes into the car ride, Harry and Zayn fall asleep on each other, and three boys in the back are having a quiet conversation amongst themselves.

“So do you think this mission is going to get in the way of our … you know, love life?” Liam questions Niall and Louis. They give him a couple questioning looks.

“Got a crush, do yah mate?” Louis teases.

“I don’t know, I guess I do. I just really fancy Learie a lot.” Liam blushes.

“Oh I don’t blame you, she’s well fit. So is Roxanne, the girl I’m trying to shag.” Niall remarks.

“I thought you were going to dinner?” Louis replies, raising an eyebrow at him.

“Same thing.” Niall shrugs his shoulders and cuts short the conversation regarding his current female interest once again.

When they arrive back at the square, they are dropped off at Louis’ car. Mr. Duncan shakes Harry and Zayn awake, and motions for them to exit the car, not saying a word. They do so, still a bit intimidated by the size of the guard.

It is now nearing 9 pm and the boys are all pretty tired from the day’s activities. When Louis drives up to the frat house to drop off Harry, it seems there is another party taking place. Though tired, these five superheroes are not ones to pass up a good party.

“What about it boys? Down for another party?” Louis questions the lads.

“Of course mate! Lets go.” Zayn raspily responds rubbing his eyes from the nap he took on the way there.