Chapter Nineteen

05:30AM

My raging alarm does nothing but irritate me to consciousness. I jump out of bed and make my way to the bathroom. Sweet Jesus, my hair is a mess! I don't know what corrupted me to sleep with it out and bushy, now it's a catastrophe. Whatever, I'll deal with it later.

Today's going to be my first day as a lone wolf. I'll probably be greeted with friendly female faces in the lobby, but as soon as I go upstairs, it's free penises for everyone! Also, Matt and I aren't really an item anymore, but I don't have the energy nor time to dwell on that.

Turning on the shower, I jump in and cleanse myself, rubbing the last of that piece of scum off my body. No more Legato for me, no matter how attractive he is.

As soon as I get out, I wrap a towel around myself and start to brush my teeth. Last night, Claire didn't text back. She didn't call or text. I just wish she could see Denny after all these years. It's been almost three years since I've seen Denny, but it's been more than double that in Claire's case. I put my toothbrush away and dry off.

Walking into my room, I tie my curly hair into a bun. I'm going to leave the hardcore mess until after work. Maybe I should try texting Claire again? It is most likely that she won't pick up since it's half past six in the morning.

I have to figure out what I'm going to wear today, so I go into my closet that I've missed so much. As always, I start from the bottom and work my way to the top. In conclusion, I have decided to wear light beige wedges and a beige nude cut out bodicon pencil dress. On top of that, I'm wearing a simple white blazer and a cream Chanel flap bag to go with the summer heat.

Once I'm fully dressed, I stand in front of the mirror and just stare at myself

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Once I'm fully dressed, I stand in front of the mirror and just stare at myself.
You're beautiful, beautiful.
What lies were they...

I turn to the side to make sure that neither my curves nor behind seem too conspicuous. They both do, but who gives a shit. It's not like guys even look at me.

I think I should wear my hair down today. It's curly, it's big and it's mine. Right now, being and looking professional isn't my priority. I just want to look out for my family right now. I leave a note for Alice and Denny, who both stayed over last night, just to let them know when I left and when I'll be back. Today isn't a really long day and I should be back before five.

I fill my bag with the essentials I need and make my way down to the garage. Down there, I practically hug my Audi that I have missed so much. Starting the car, I squeal softly to myself. I check the time while driving.

06:55AM

It's all good. I'm on time for work.
After a short drive, I pull up at the magical café that I always eat at and I walk in. Carl waves at me immediately and I sit in the seat he always reserves for me in the mornings. I don't see why he does it because I'm almost always the only one here in the mornings.