Chapter Thirty-Five

19:47PM

Matt insisted that I go back to the penthouse after we met my dad. They bonded so well, despite their different beliefs. I came back here and Matt drove me. Then, he told me he wanted to go out really quickly and I let him.

I really trust him and I know that he won't do anything to hurt me.

The harsh truth is, he's been out for so long. I wanted us to be together today, but he's not here. Maybe something came up? That happens. I've been sat on the bed waiting for him to show. He hasn't.

Picking up my phone, I text:
Where are you?

There isn't a reply.

Eventually, I walk into the bathroom and I freshen up again. Outside in the kitchen, there are a bunch of ingredients in the cabinets, so why not cook? Last time, my toast went well so this time, I should be able to make it as good or even better. I think I should make a noodle fry up with fresh vegetables.

Opening one of the cabinets, I find some udon noodles and I wash them slightly, once I take them out of the packet. Going into fresh food section of the kitchen, I find a collection of bell peppers, onions, broccoli, mushrooms, garlic, carrots and a few chilli peppers. Taking out a chopping board, I place all the veg in a sieve and wash them.

One by one, I take the veg from the sieve, put in on the chopping board and chop them into a moderate size for the stir fry. Once I chop all the peppers, mushrooms, carrots and bell peppers, I turn on an electric wok that I found and put some coconut oil in and a few herbs like thyme and a bit of Himalayan salt. The confidence from my successful job at the toast is fuelling me. As I wait for the wok to heat up, I finish chopping the chilli peppers, onions and garlic.

By the time I've done that, the wok is heated just right and I add the onions first and I wait for them to soften. Once they have, but only slightly, I add in the garlic. Everything softens and then I start tossing in the broccoli, and then the mushrooms and so on. The veg starts cooking lightly about two minutes later, so I add in the noodles. I find some soy sauces and I add those in too.

As the cooking process seems to be coming to an end, I add in the chilli peppers and stir them in. This actually smells quite good. When the chillies are nicely mixed in with the noodles and other vegetables, I add in some more herbs to give it the finishing taste. After another minute or so, I turn off the wok and wash my hands. Shortly after, I hear the door click.

Just in time.

"Something smells great." I hear him say.

Storming out to the foyer, I find him in the same suit he was wearing from before. His face carries a small smile. Luckily, this time he doesn't seem drunk.

"Where have you been?" I raise an eyebrow as I cross my arms.

"I texted you back. I was with—"

"You most certainly did not text me back!" I scoff.

"Go check." He mutters.

I scoff again and go to grab my phone from the bedroom.

When I come back out, he's in the same position with a smug look on his face. Maybe he did text back. I was cooking this whole time.

Oh shit.

Matt:
I'm sorry if I worried you. I'm with dad talking. I'll probably be back a little late. I love you x